FYI Cleveland Heights, Ohio

It's funny, I've lived here for 20 years now and I only go into the city when people are visiting from out of town.

:lol:

How can you stay out of the city? There are 713,000 bars alone, including really awesome gloomy pubs and uppity, stylized spots. It's a social paradise.

One of my favorite spots is a bar called the Blue Line out in Wicker Park, where we stayed at a friend's condo. It's west of downtown on the Blue Line at Damen St. It's an old diner feel, and the patio outside is almost directly beneath the El-Train tracks. Every now and then you have to stop talking and wait for the trains to pass overhead. It's a very cool, very Chicago experience.

Great street name too.

http://bluelineloungeandgrill.com/

BlueLine1.jpg

BlueLine2.jpg

I forgot about Semper, too. :( He totally could have met us too. We were in town to see some of the gf's peeps, but I feel bad I didn't even make the effort. That's what happens when you're excitedly running through the streets drunk.

You could always bypass the turnpike and stop by Columbus. ;)
Negative, going to Columbus would add at least 5 hours onto my drive. I'm hitting the road between 5-6pm Friday, not looking to spend 30+ hours awake. Now if you want to drive the 150 miles north... I'm bringing beer brats made with 3 Floyd's pride and joy and another guy is bringing a corny keg of homebrew.