Class Ring?

theacoustician said:
It takes extremely good trouble shooting and problem solving skills with a dash of creativity and intution.

Didn't the forum tell you that you're too fat to post here?
Anyone who I've ever known to enter engineering have had no common sense let alone personality. That and, as smileynev has pointed out, they seem to live life within the bounds of their textbooks.

That and theres too many of them.

Galen said:
Anyone who I've ever known to enter engineering have had no common sense let alone personality. That and, as smileynev has pointed out, they seem to live life within the bounds of their textbooks.

I think you have won the title of "angry forum troll" away from me.

theacoustician said:
I think you have won the title of "angry forum troll" away from me.
This comment harks back to my days at OcUK. I'm not a "troll" just because I disagree with you.

theacoustician said:
You disagree with everyone about everything.
I agreed with smileynev, then pointed out my own experience with engineers. This is a discussion forum, just because I add a bit more than [ quote][ /quote] doesn't mean you can class me as a troll along the same lines as Sleeman or any of the others.

Galen said:
I agreed with smileynev, then pointed out my own experience with engineers. This is a discussion forum, just because I add a bit more than [ quote][ /quote] doesn't mean you can class me as a troll along the same lines as Sleeman or any of the others.
So what you're telling me is I'm not allowed to disagree with you. Interesting.

theacoustician said:
So what you're telling me is I'm not allowed to disagree with you. Interesting.
Do whatever you please, but certainly don't label me as a troll because you have a jaded opinion of todays education system. Engineers are churned out left, right and centre and yet, every single one I have ever had a conversation with have had the personality of a womp rat.

Believe what you like, I'm not going to stop you. However, I'll reply to topics because that is what we do here. If you don't like me, put me on ignore or ban me, but I don't see how what I am doing is any different to the replies/posts of others.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well I for one find the personality of a womp rat to be most congenial, why just the other day one of my rats - Stevie gave me the cutest little smile and cock of the head as he began to devour a Cuban that escaped from my smoker.

Such charming animals, really.
I thought it was a good analogy, ah well :p

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well I for one find the personality of a womp rat to be most congenial, why just the other day one of my rats - Stevie gave me the cutest little smile and cock of the head as he began to devour a Cuban that escaped from my smoker.

Such charming animals, really.

I used to shoot them in the canyons back home.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Have you found a good nerf supplier yet?

I'm thinking about getting into the business myself. I have some great ideas. All I need is a fabricator to build some prototypes for me.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Sweet, there's gotta be a few textile mills in Minneapolis?

yes. But I also need a good rubberized foam supplier and someone who can meet my sequin needs.

Galen said:

i'll have to disagree with the common sense/personality thing. i grew up in a family of engineers. my grandfather and father are in mensa. my father owns his own very successful businesses. my father could fix anything in the house. he could figure out anything. and he is the corniest jokester you'll meet. my grandfather has done everything, lived a rich life, and is my personal hero. my brother just graduated from college and exxon hired him as some corporate bigwig. he's got all the qualities, common sense and clever wit. they are geniuses, and there's not much lacking with these men (except communication skills, and i blame that on being male and having engineering minds.) the engineers i grew up knowing (including my father's friends) are incredibly balanced gentlemen.

if there's too many of them, it's because they're smart and know where the jobs, money and benefits are.

i :heart: engineers!