Class Ring?

Thorn Bird said:
i'll have to disagree with the common sense/personality thing. i grew up in a family of engineers. my grandfather and father are in mensa. my father owns his own very successful businesses. my father could fix anything in the house. he could figure out anything. and he is the corniest jokester you'll meet. my grandfather has done everything, lived a rich life, and is my personal hero. my brother just graduated from college and exxon hired him as some corporate bigwig. he's got all the qualities, common sense and clever wit. they are geniuses, and there's not much lacking with these men (except communication skills, and i blame that on being male and having engineering minds.) the engineers i grew up knowing (including my father's friends) are incredibly balanced gentlemen.

if there's too many of them, it's because they're smart and know where the jobs, money and benefits are.

i :heart: engineers!

I'm in Mensa and I can honestly tell you being a member has nothing to do with personality or sense or whatever. My point was that most engineers lack skills which, let's say, a medical science require. It doesn't take much to be personable, and yet, that's too much to ask by convention of a bunch of graduate introverts.

I'll tell you why there's too many of them, low entrance requirements for courses and government grants.

Galen said:
I'm in Mensa and I can honestly tell you being a member has nothing to do with personality or sense or whatever. My point was that most engineers lack skills which, let's say, a medical science require. It doesn't take much to be personable, and yet, that's too much to ask by convention of a bunch of graduate introverts.

I'll tell you why there's too many of them, low entrance requirements for courses and government grants.

hmmm...maybe i shouldn't meet any engineers over yonder! i think they're different across the water. i just can't agree here. sorry!!

Thorn Bird said:
hmmm...maybe i shouldn't meet any engineers over yonder! i think they're different across the water. i just can't agree here. sorry!!
University engineer grads I'm talking about. I know a few other engineers that didn't attend University, good lads.

Thorn Bird said:
i'll have to disagree with the common sense/personality thing. i grew up in a family of engineers. my grandfather and father are in mensa. my father owns his own very successful businesses. my father could fix anything in the house. he could figure out anything. and he is the corniest jokester you'll meet. my grandfather has done everything, lived a rich life, and is my personal hero. my brother just graduated from college and exxon hired him as some corporate bigwig. he's got all the qualities, common sense and clever wit. they are geniuses, and there's not much lacking with these men (except communication skills, and i blame that on being male and having engineering minds.) the engineers i grew up knowing (including my father's friends) are incredibly balanced gentlemen.

if there's too many of them, it's because they're smart and know where the jobs, money and benefits are.

i :heart: engineers!

Were you disagreeing with him?

mensa and engineering is for lanky white dudes with no personality. you get to be a "mensa mentor" if you find humor in the plight of the downtrodden. YOU HEAR ME SCOTT, FINISH THAT DAMN TARGETING MIRROR AND PICK UP MY DRY CLEANING. AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, STOP TOUCHING YOURSELF, JESUS IS WATCHING.

SpangeMonkee said:
My father, though not having and engineering degree, worked as an engineer for many years. He has a reat mind and an AWESOME personality. Basically, Galen, you are jaded.
You didn't even read my post, did you?