Thread Civil Rights Act

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,323
Steam
mattressfish
Did anyone hear what Rand Paul said a couple of weeks ago?

From my understanding, the 50,000 foot view is that the Civil Rights Act is/was unconstitutional and that businesses should be able to discriminate if they want to.

In my opinion, if you follow the letter of the Constitution, he's right. I think the Civil Rights Act turned out to be a pretty good thing, but probably something that would have happened anyway. What do you argumentative fucks think?

I'd need to see exactly what in the Constitution it says that makes the civil rights act unconstitutional.

And this whole Constitution thing is starting to piss me off.

I'd need to see exactly what in the Constitution it says that makes the civil rights act unconstitutional.

And this whole Constitution thing is starting to piss me off.
The Constitution basically says that anything not EXPLICITLY spelled out in the document is something for the States to decide. The idea initially was that the Federal government should be very small and meek. :(
Apparently this Rand Paul guy is anti-seat belts.

:lol:

You're god damned right. He's also against the DEA. Do whatever the fuck you want with your own body!

Yup I saw that. And I can see where he's coming from. Technically aren't there laws protecting business owners that allow them to deny service to any customer they choose for any reason? Why can't race be one of the reasons?

The problem is people forgot the reasons why we established this country and built a government that goes against most of the things the founders wanted for us.

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. " - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited: