Church v. Media and perhaps the medical community

No offense to your family, but that is silly to give up a chance at life because of some made up fable that storing and transferring blood is not going to give you a chance in utopia.

There is not a heaven people. :lol:

How could you be that husband and live with your fucking self knowing that you let your insane wife die on the operating table. Fuck him.

edit: I understand people have faith in different things, but come on... step back and look at the big picture... ack.

As an anesthesiologist who has been presented with this situaion, I would call Security, remove family members and, usually the everpresent church elder, give blood and "..see you in court."
Pretty outragious position. I figure she can spend the rest of her natural life atoning for my sins. Probably require therapy forever - while she watches her child grow.

Faith without reason goes to waste. And often ends in tears.

This very sad story just convinces me even more that religion is, and always has been, a scourge on society. It causes more misery, poverty and wars than anything else on earth. How sad for those twins never to have their mother hold them -something far more important than religion that was created just to try to convince the poor in society that they may have something to look forward to in another life! Poppycock!
Posted by wooram on November 6, 2007 1:43 PM
This is definite Poppycock!

Opposing side:
In reading these posts I see that this is an issue that stirs strong response. If this woman had been shot over in Iraq or some other military action then she would have been a hero for sacrificing her life for the god of nationality. Being that she died for her beliefs that differ from others she is condemned. I am sorry for her family and for the way that they are being maligned. Every day people die for their beliefs but if it is for a war then it is ok. Because of no one wanting to stand up for their beliefs the Nazis killed a lot of people. They weren't stopped before 11 million people died. Had the so called religious people stood up for the law of love at the time then it wouldn't have happened. As far as I know Jehovah's Witnesses were the only ones at the beginning that stood up and said the Nazis were wrong. It wasn't popular at the time but they died for their beliefs then. I hope that if the time comes for me to stand up for my beliefs if they are popular or not that I have the faith that is strong enough to make the decision that is right. They have the belief that she will be ressurected in a paradise and get to see her kids again. What a comfort for her family even though they are having a hard time now. Why does this make everyone mad? Do you not want the same right? You have the chance to make the decision for yourself. Isn't that what everyone wants? Why should you get mad if someone makes a decision that is different from yours? Do you think this family would give you a hard time if you made a decision that went against what they believed? I don't think so. Have some heart. Pray for this family and show that no matter what someone believes they have the right to make a choice just like everyone else.
Posted by Wondering why you are so mad on November 6, 2007 12:41 PM

If you are so weak that you have to direct your life, your feelings, your actions, even your health and clothing to what is defined in a book of stories written thousands of years ago, then badly translated, then the herd should be thinned.

I have no pity for this family. I just feel for the victims in that town when the kids don't have a proper upbringing because of badly written stories directing their lives and no mother so they turn to violence and drugs as an emotional outlet. She actively wrote what kind of care she wanted in the hospital (honestly I am surprised she even went to the hospital, I thought JW didn't do modern health care) and the hospital abided by it. Case closed, move on. People die all the time in hospitals because living wills are signed not to perform heroics to save a life in jeopardy, this is the same thing.

eh, I disagree with her decision but religious freedom is as important as free speech and all that good stuff. her choice. bad choice, I'd say, but still hers

I just feel bad for the kids. Also, I hope that hospital doesn't get sued over not giving her a Caesarean although they never really explain in the article why anyone believed she needed it. Haemorrhage is pretty common after childbirth, so she had to know the risks she was taking. For that woman's sake, I sure hope there is a heaven, but I'm not sure if she would even go there after showing such disregard for life.

Oh my...I'm very much in favor of a person making their own decisions and other people keeping the hell out of their business, but those kids need a mother. I'm sure it will be great comfort to them that Mom is dead because she wouldn't accept some blood. :rolleyes: