. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,362
Chuck Norris for president … of Texas
Posted: 05:06 AM ET

From CNN's Lauren Kornreich

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.
(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Okay, seriously. I know Texan's can sometimes be a little irrational when it comes to states rights, but seriously. Does anyone believe the US will allow a state to leave the union?

We had this little thing called the civil war about 150 years ago the last time someone though this was feasable.

:dont:
I think one of the pre requisites for being president would be birth in the land in question, and Mr Norris was born in Oklahoma.

Plus I really doubt any state would secede from the union.

The only state that would ever possible do this is California. And that's a pipe dream at best..

there should be a windfall of good political cartoons from this at least...chuck roundhousing obama and shit like that :lol:

If you believe what I've been told by a number of Texans, Texas is the only state that is allowed to secede.

I don't think it would happen, but I doubt it's impossible.

If Texas does go, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and I'm sure a few others would be on their side.

Will it ever actually happen? Who knows.

Would I vote for Chuck if it did, no.

Okay, seriously. I know Texan's can sometimes be a little irrational when it comes to states rights, but seriously. Does anyone believe the US will allow a state to leave the union?

We had this little thing called the civil war about 150 years ago the last time someone though this was feasable.

Is this the same nation it was back then? No. I doubt contemporary Americans could stomach seeing other Americans being slaughtered on the news every minute of every day because Texas decided to secede. We are notorious pussies now. ~ 4,200 U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq and countless people view that as too heavy a price. 4,200. In 6 years of fighting.

A civil war isn't likely to happen again in my opinion, not because of us anyway. There would be a rise in steers-and-queers jokes though. Mostly out of resentment and jealousy.

Last edited:
I suspect the concept of becoming 49 states as opposed to 50 would dramatically alter the american apathy.

No way in hellour government will allow a state to succeed. They will drag us into a war wether public opinion is for it or not.

That would be pretty interesting. I'd be all for it. We have the Houston Ship Channel, where oil comes from. We also have a large military presence. And Mexicans. Mexico AND the head-severing drug cartels would be on our side. You'd all be fucked. TEXACO FOR LIFE

hey, if texas secedes and becomes its own country, then would i be a citizen of that new country because i was here when it was created? I have a Texas Driver's License.