Christmas Shopping

We aren't exchanging gifts with anyone this year. Since my brothers have all started having babies, I kinda figure that Christmas isn't about us grown kids anymore, it's about the little ones, so we try to spoil all of the neices and nephews.

That and we just had this big wedding, all of our family members were a part of the wedding and we really splurged on gifts for them which we presented at the rehearsal dinner.

Oh, and I almost forgot, last time we were at SchmilK's parents house we all decided that in lieu of Christmas this year and next year, we'll all go on a family vacation together next year around Christmas. We did all the leg work and found a cruise that everyone agreed on, so we booked our cabin and now his sister can't go because her husband wants to change jobs and they're making more babies :lol: and his parents can't go that week so hahah yay we win!

Son: Ninja turtle figures, Transformers, Hot Wheels
Nephew: Pirate lego set
Niece: Barbie living room and kitchen set
Baby niece: don't know yet, something pink
Everyone else: Greeting cards

Son: Ninja turtle figures,

I thought of getting this for Haylee, she is in love with Leo and he goes everywhere with us, I almost forgot him at church yesterday (an imaginary one) and she told one of her friemds Leo was HER husband, so her friend couldn't marry him. I'm sure the friend was heartbroken.

I thought of getting this for Haylee, she is in love with Leo and he goes everywhere with us, I almost forgot him at church yesterday (an imaginary one) and she told one of her friemds Leo was HER husband, so her friend couldn't marry him. I'm sure the friend was heartbroken.

They have a Leo that comes with a camo motorcycle and a green helmet. I bought it yesterday.

Well I don't really have any interesting stories. I try to shop throughout the year so it doesn't hurt so bad. Part of my shopping list...

Husband... went wireless last week- that was his gift.

Cole (2 1/2) son- train table, trains, fire truck etc.

Brett ( 3 months) son- stuffed animal, clothes, teething toys etc.

My mom- one of those record player cd player things, tshirt, picture frames with kids pictures already added, Chicago cd, and some random other things

Inlaws- father in law- tshirt, mother in law place mats joint gift for both a family tree painted on canvas and framed

Niece and nephew- wii remote charger

Younger cousins, nieces and nephews- books, blocks, gift certificates

my best friend- claddaugh ring

grandma a photo album filled with pictures of the family from this year- I make one every year for her, she loves it, and a gift cert for dog grooming

the list could go on but it won't!

i'm behind in shopping. i don't even know what i have left. i'm doing some baking tonight for spangelet's teachers, and i'll be doign more baking this week, and i assume i'll be shopping some, too.
this year just wasn't for me, i guess. i'm only feeling stress. :(

Most of my shopping is done, maybe a few stocking stuffers left to get. Gameboy for one son, Legos for the other, a specially ordered Nightwish shirt for my daughter (dammit, I want one for myself!), just hope the last gets here by Christmas or she'll be getting an IOU in a box and the shirt later, other odds and ends to kind of even out the buying for each, babeh toys for the babeh currently residing in my house...miscellaneous goodies for some other people.

Aww kids, they are so cheap at that age.

It's true, my kids have all got half a dozen gifts and I spent maybe 100 bucks on each kid. But then even as they get older, Knyte and I aren't going to be spending much more then that, they'll just get less stuff as the things they want get more expensive.

I just did my christmas shopping for my neice and nephews last night.

Each family got one of these: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=2108&f=3963&pc=1225

My neice will be turning 5 next month and right now she's really into puppies, so I got her
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2792518
and
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2307478

One of my nephews is 3 1/2, I found these really cool lincoln log sets that are still made out of wood, just like when we were kids, man my brother and I loved these things
http://www.thetoyhunt.com/linlogcoleds.html

and then my youngest nephew, he just turned 2, my mom recommended I get him some of those wooden puzzle type things... toys r us had a fantastic sale, buy 2 get 1 free, and on top of that everything was like 1/2 off so he really got a haul, I think I got him 8 different wooden puzzles/books/toy type things.

Our youngest neice is 7 months old, we're going to head to babies r us and I think we're going to get her something like this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2307237 and whatever else we see. She's the only one we'll actually see on Christmas, all the others are out of state.

I really think those are all of the presents we're buying. The parents are all getting wedding pictures whenever those are done, and my family around here, well we all are celebrating our birthdays and stuff next month, so that's our big gift time.

Happy Christmas everyone

:heart:

It's true, my kids have all got half a dozen gifts and I spent maybe 100 bucks on each kid. But then even as they get older, Knyte and I aren't going to be spending much more then that, they'll just get less stuff as the things they want get more expensive.

Its hard to spend twenty bucks on a kid that young. Hell just give them some packing nuts and they go wild!

I'm only buying gifts for people I'm actually spending Christmas with this year and my Mom. My sister, brother and I decided against bothering. It's impossible to think of things and since Jeff lives in Moscow shipping is a bitch anyway.

Dad: Framed photos of us sailing during his recent visit, Two novels, Bottle of rum, iTunes gift card.
Dad's wife: new Bruce Springsteen live CD/DVD combo that Dad says she wants
Step-sister (who i see three times a year): PetCo gift card
Step-brother (who i see once a year): Home Depot gift card
Mom: Feather pillow. This is a much more important gift than it sounds like. Most of the cost is shipping to UAE, she can't seem to find a feather pillow there, and her current one blew up. She can't sleep well without a feather pillow. The one that blew up she's had for decades. So it's pretty thoughtful when you get right down to it. She never cares how much you spend, just that you're thinking about her.

Some of my Dad's stuff is for his birthday, which was the 9th, but i haven't decided which part yet. I still need to get my Mom a birthday present (the 25th). Her gifts won't reach her before Christmas, but she's working then anyway. They'll be there in time for her break.

Last edited:
Booze, they can always use booze.

Hmm, one of my uncle's fell off the wagon (we didn't know he was on the wagon) and lost his nursing license. So booze would be a bad idea for him. I don't think my other aunts and uncles drink.

he's not old enough to buy it iirc...might have a fake but who knows :p
Actually I'm 25, so yes I can buy booze.

They don't card in Maine, it's freakin' cold there - everyone needs booze.
:fly: If only that was true. I get carded. Most places will card everyone, no matter how old you look. Oh and if you come into the grocery store or liquor store with a friend, they get carded as well. And if they don't have their ID or are underage, you cannot buy, regardless if you are of age. I'm not sure how that works if you bring your kid with you, whether you have to prove the kid's age.

Hmm, one of my uncle's fell off the wagon (we didn't know he was on the wagon) and lost his nursing license. So booze would be a bad idea for him. I don't think my other aunts and uncles drink.

Actually I'm 25, so yes I can buy booze.

:fly: If only that was true. I get carded. Most places will card everyone, no matter how old you look. Oh and if you come into the grocery store or liquor store with a friend, they get carded as well. And if they don't have their ID or are underage, you cannot buy, regardless if you are of age. I'm not sure how that works if you bring your kid with you, whether you have to prove the kid's age.

no shit? :wtf: for some reason I thought you were like 19...weird