Christmas shopping for young gentlemen..

gottoys? said:
Oh no ... you sound like Tony ... shhhhh!

He is good at 'doing stuff' like fixing things or something constructive. Must be something out there for an 'unmotivated' but wonderful, kind and helpful young man.:(

Is Tony the guy we are talking about? If so, exactly how motivated is he? Assuming you don't live in a large city (I don't keep track of where people are from) then a grocery store should actually be an easy place to get a job.

Lynnakitty said:
Took me a long time to get that high.. I've been up to 36 before.
As each color + sound goes off I number them in my head. That way I remember the order better. Needs alot of concentration :lol: My brain almost explodes every time

My eyes were getting blurry and the lights were blinking faster and faster :fly: - I use to LOVE :heart: simon the 'physical toy'.

taeric said:
Is Tony the guy we are talking about? If so, exactly how motivated is he? Assuming you don't live in a large city (I don't keep track of where people are from) then a grocery store should actually be an easy place to get a job.

Tony is her son and they are in Dallas.....KEEP UP!! :fly:

taeric said:

Tony is my 17 year old son. I thought a grocery store would be a great start too - there is one within 1 mile.

We live in the Dallas Fort Worth area in Texas- fairly big city. We are in the suburbs, don't think that makes a diff. though.

Bubbles said:
Tony is her son and they are in Dallas.....KEEP UP!! :fly:

Yeah yeah... I never was good at keeping notes, and since this is not really affecting me (effecting?), see the thread about what we are morons about.

To address the issue, though. If you have doubts as to whether the stores are hiring, you can call them, too.

not reading the whole thread but you ever try use some gift certificates and a nice card? one to bestbuy or a book store if the guy is a reader would be very nice.

Onnotangu said:
not reading the whole thread but you ever try use some gift certificates and a nice card? one to bestbuy or a book store if the guy is a reader would be very nice.

i think Gift Certificates are so damn tacky.

The idea behind a gift is something to put thought into. Am i the only one alive who still believes that??

pa said:

The idea behind a gift is something to put thought into. Am i the only one alive who still believes that??
I think gift certificates are sweeeeeeeet

I love gift certificates to book stores. It makes me buy books I felt some interest in but not enough to spend the money on. And I have ended up getting some really good books that were way better than I thought they would have been.

pa said:
i think Gift Certificates are so d*mn tacky.

yes. I've worked retail and have seen how most people simply return everything anyone gets them anway. reguardless of the thought.

besides the way I go through books it's nice that someone bothered to think that I might like to save some money and get me a gift cert for a bookstore I like to patronize. there are a few books that are never coming to the library and I want to eventualy get them but they are a bit pricey. a gift cert would assure me of the purchase. like having a coupon or discount for the total purchase.

I'm not a huge fan of gift certificates myself. i prefer opening packages...
I dunno... maybe I'm odd.

Lynnakitty said:
I'm not a huge fan of gift certificates myself. i prefer opening packages...
I dunno... maybe I'm odd.

Then put the gift certificate in a giant box alond with a buttload of foam peanuts and maybe a two-liter bottle of shasta for weight.

With gift certificates you get to go out shopping for yourself afterwards, and shopping for yourself is always fun.

itburnswhenipee said:
Then put the gift certificate in a giant box alond with a buttload of foam peanuts and maybe a two-liter bottle of shasta for weight.
Works for me :p
But then the people who give me gifts, usually don't put much effort into wrapping them that elaborately.

kiwi said:
With gift certificates you get to go out shopping for yourself afterwards, and shopping for yourself is always fun.
No.. no it's not. Especially before or after Christmas.. going to the mall makes me want to kill someone.
And I have to go today :(

Lynnakitty said:
No.. no it's not. Especially before or after Christmas.. going to the mall makes me want to kill someone.
And I have to go today :(

But with a gift certificate you don't have to do it immediately following Christmas, you can go shopping whenever you feel like it.

besides men hate shopping and a gift cert can be used online by most stores now as well and Lynna yer not getting this gift for yourself so stop thinking about what you want and think about what the guy would like.

which comes back to the steak and bj comment. :)

pa said:

i don't think they're tacky. i do like to try to buy something for someone for the thought factor...but gift cards are very convenient and i use them as a last resort, or if i'm out of time. although, there are some people out there like kiwi who would rather have a gift card to do the shopping themselves. which is fine!