Christmas Help!!!

Thorn Bird said:
buy some cheap jars and make teas, or cookies, or hot chocolate powder. or you can measure out all the ingredients for some recipe (cookies, for example,) and put all the ingredients by layers in the jar. tie the recipe on the jar lid with a pretty ribbon and all they have to do is dump, mix and bake!

You know... that's a fantastic idea. You could also do spice rubs for meat or other seasoning mixes.

Thorn Bird said:
buy some cheesecloth (or thin material), some pretty, thin ribbon, and some potpourri. make little sachets for the ladies.

use thin material and make handkerchiefs for the men.

make CDs with each person's favorite music on it.

and am i remembering correctly when i think you have a new baby? make a DVD of pictures and/or 30-second movie clips of the baby.

see if you can find a place that makes calendars for around $10 a piece, and make a 2006 calendar with baby pictures.

make homemade coupons (i'll babysit for free one night, i'll cook your dinner one night, i'll go drop off dry cleaning, etc..)

buy some cheap jars and make teas, or cookies, or hot chocolate powder. or you can measure out all the ingredients for some recipe (cookies, for example,) and put all the ingredients by layers in the jar. tie the recipe on the jar lid with a pretty ribbon and all they have to do is dump, mix and bake!

make some homemade stationery for people to use. all you need is paper, stamps, punch-outs, etc...or put a picture of the baby on the top.

snapfish has coffee mugs you can put a picture on...they have other stuff, too...keychains? little stuff for cheap.

i'll be thinking of more for you. i love this kind of stuff!

damn youre good

Thorn Bird said:
buy some cheesecloth (or thin material), some pretty, thin ribbon, and some potpourri. make little sachets for the ladies.

use thin material and make handkerchiefs for the men.

make CDs with each person's favorite music on it.

and am i remembering correctly when i think you have a new baby? make a DVD of pictures and/or 30-second movie clips of the baby.

see if you can find a place that makes calendars for around $10 a piece, and make a 2006 calendar with baby pictures.

make homemade coupons (i'll babysit for free one night, i'll cook your dinner one night, i'll go drop off dry cleaning, etc..)

make some homemade stationery for people to use. all you need is paper, stamps, punch-outs, etc...or put a picture of the baby on the top.

snapfish has coffee mugs you can put a picture on...they have other stuff, too...keychains? little stuff for cheap.

i'll be thinking of more for you. i love this kind of stuff!
Thanks you som much, I haven't checked the thread in forever since I haden't gotten any serious replies and I've beeen rather busy. I am so far making snowman kits for the kids, and some country looking pillows for 1person. I am still stuck on ideas for men, handkerchiefs wouldn't really be apropriate for them.

men: food's always a hit -- homemade bread or candies.
if he cooks or has green thumb, give a plant or potted herb.
make a hat organizer -- a yardstick with clothespins attached (or something to that effect) so he can clip the cap bills on it.
movie basket -- a bag of popcorn, cokes, candy and movie rental gift card.
a nifty tie or belt box, if he keeps his stuff in the closet.