Christmas cookies :)

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
Song I heard while driving home night, for some reason it made me think of some of you folks :fly:

"Now Christmas cookies are a special treat
The more she bakes the more I eat
And sometimes I can't get myself to stop
Sometimes she'll wait till I'm asleep
She'll take the ones I didn't eat
And put those little sprinkly things on top

I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar
I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe
The ones that look like Santa Claus
Christmas trees, bells, and stars
I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe

Now those sprinkly things just makes things worse
Cause it makes them taste better than they did at first
And they're absolutely impossible to resist
Some disappear to who knows where
But I make sure I get my share
And those kids just stand there waiting for the ones I miss

Sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar
Sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe

She gets mad that they're all gone
Before she gets the icing put on
Sure do like those Christmas cookies babe

Now there's a benefit to all of this
That you might have overlooked or missed
So now let me tell you the best part of it all
Every time she sticks another batch in the oven
There's 15 minutes for some kissin' and huggin'
That's why I eat Christmas cookies all year long!"

And so no one can say there is no content, here is one of my cookie recipes:

Holiday Sugar Cookies

1 c Butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c Sugar
1 egg
2 c All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cround cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Colored sprinkles or sugar for decorating, optional

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg; beat until fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Form into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and flatten. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough, a small portion at a time, to 1/4" thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutter. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles, if desired. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

NeedMoreEmo said:
I thought you were gonna offer to bake me some :(

I actually did think about it, but would shipping them to you be a problem? I know you had some issues with sending food to the US :(

I clicked this thread thinking it was a sign up for some xmas cookies. Man was I fooled. OFF WITH HER HEAD!@&!*@^~*~

i love that song! as someone who usually ends up making 90 or so dozen cookes every holiday season, that leaves a lot of time for canoodling;)

NeedMoreEmo said:
Don't bother, Im sure some other members want them more than me. :heart:

I was thinking last night about sending you some, but they probably wouldn't be any good by the time you got them. I sent some to Canada a while back, and it took TWO WEEKS for them to get there :mad:

Guess in this case it will have to be the thought that counts :heart:

F33nX said:
i love that song! as someone who usually ends up making 90 or so dozen cookes every holiday season, that leaves a lot of time for canoodling;)

Sounds good :D

Wish I could make that many cookies this year :(

April23 said:
I clicked this thread thinking it was a sign up for some xmas cookies. Man was I fooled. OFF WITH HER HEAD!@&!*@^~*~

NOOOOOO!!!! :egads:

Onnotangu said:
give her head you say? ok. come here hun I have to lick you for the good of the community. :drool: :fly: :p

You are changing the subject! :fly:

(on my way ;) )

dreamwalker said:
Sounds good :D

Wish I could make that many cookies this year :(

i find it's a lot easier to make more cookies when you make a double batch of the dough. it's what i do for my friends around the country who i don't get to see all that often. of course, they're ALL going to be in japan this christmas, and i'm gonna be here:(

April23 said:

same here. vote for thread lock!

kidding :heart:

i don't want any actual christmas cookies but i will settle for pics of christmas cookies.

F33nX said:
i find it's a lot easier to make more cookies when you make a double batch of the dough. it's what i do for my friends around the country who i don't get to see all that often. of course, they're ALL going to be in japan this christmas, and i'm gonna be here:(

Awwww, that sucks :(

I'm thinking about making a batch of monster cookies, the recipe makes a couple hundred cookies or more, depending on how much of the dough gets eaten in the process.

i've got a recipe like that too for my cookie press, it usually makes a couple of hundred cookies, but that's give or take quite a few depending if i eat a lot of the dough:p

F33nX said:
i've got a recipe like that too for my cookie press, it usually makes a couple of hundred cookies, but that's give or take quite a few depending if i eat a lot of the dough:p

I like big recipes. This one uses oatmeal, peanut butter (over one jar full!), chocolate chips, M&Ms (a big bag), IIRC 1/4 cup (yes, CUP) of vanilla, and assorted other ingredients.

dreamwalker said:
I like big recipes. This one uses oatmeal, peanut butter (over one jar full!), chocolate chips, M&Ms (a big bag), IIRC 1/4 cup (yes, CUP) of vanilla, and assorted other ingredients.
How much butter? :drool:

dreamwalker said:
holy freakin cow! that sounds a lot like a recipe i know called "kitchen sink" cookies, cuz you throw everything but the kitchen sink into the dough!