Food Chinese Pizza... NOM NOM NOM NOM

I'll make a food thread sometime, describing how to make damn good pizza.

- Homemade crust that's doughy but thin, because pizza toppings on an inch of crust, and pizza toppings on a giant cracker, are equally horrible.
- Homemade sauce made with fennel. What's fennel used for again? Oh, you'll find out.
- 2 parts pepperoni, 1 part salami.
- Good mozzarella cheese.

No EXTREME TOPPING EXPLOSION, no 'organic spinach and goat's milk feta that from goats fed only organic spinach'.. just a simple, kickass pizza.

I'll make a food thread sometime, describing how to make damn good pizza.

- Homemade crust that's doughy but thin, because pizza toppings on an inch of crust, and pizza toppings on a giant cracker, are equally horrible.
- Homemade sauce made with fennel. What's fennel used for again? Oh, you'll find out.
- 2 parts pepperoni, 1 part salami.
- Good mozzarella cheese.

No EXTREME TOPPING EXPLOSION, no 'organic spinach and goat's milk feta that from goats fed only organic spinach'.. just a simple, kickass pizza.

That sounds like my perfect pizza.

Share the recipe? I'm always on the lookout for a good bread recipe.

It's just a basic, lean dough. Nothing fancy.

300 g ap flour
6 g active dry yeast
6 g non-iodized salt
210 g water

Mix the dry ingredients together, add the water, and mix until there's no dry ingredients left. You don't need to go crazy with the mixing-- once you get a sticky mass of dough you're all set.

Cover the bowl with plastic and toss it in the fridge overnight. You can leave it in the fridge longer if you want; it actually improves the dough. I've let this dough go for as long as a week and still gotten good results. If you don't want to refrigerate it you can let it rise on your counter for a few hours, but the long, slow fermentation in the fridge gives superior results.

Remove the dough from the fridge, divide it into 2 or 3 pieces, and let it come back to room temperature. Then flour and form as desired.

Bake this dough at the highest temperature your oven can generate, and don't be afraid to bake it for longer than you think is necessary. More brown mean more better.

edit: in case you're interested I got this formula from Dough by Richard Bertinet http://www.amazon.com/Dough-Simple-Contemporary-Richard-Bertinet/dp/1904920209
it's the first dough I could get consistent and desirable results from

Last edited:
^- Amen to all of that. Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and a mashed clove of garlic to the dough recipe, and you basically have mine.

I'll also highly recommend getting a pizza stone and peel.