China to build British cars in US

ChikkenNoodul said:
Euro drivers >>>>>>>>>>> American drivers

so, so, so, so agreed

it was a pleasure driving over there...people actually give right of way to faster traffic!!! IMAGINE THAT!!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
No kidding, and they actually know how to use rotaries!

What an absolute pleasure it was flying around the back roads of the UK

the town my grandparents live in down in FL put in roundabouts all over the place in the last couple years! blew my mind!

elpmis said:
that's just it, that's the common mentality of Americans - hence I don't think MG's will sell as well as you think. Not like in Europe anyway, where everyone drives stick and it's not an issue
Ah, but if they were building primary vehicles, I'd agree. But I see this more as an endevour to build weekend cars. Its basically the same market as the Solstice, but I see these being even less expensive. If they can build a decent convertable roadster under $12k, or better yet under $10k, people will buy them. The coup de grace would be to offer an all electric for under $15k, which would be very do-able for that size/class of a vehicle. They'd have to move their ass though and beat SMART's ForTwo-E to the US market in order to gain market dominance.

theacoustician said:
Ah, but if they were building primary vehicles, I'd agree. But I see this more as an endevour to build weekend cars. Its basically the same market as the Solstice, but I see these being even less expensive. If they can build a decent convertable roadster under $12k, or better yet under $10k, people will buy them. The coup de grace would be to offer an all electric for under $15k, which would be very do-able for that size/class of a vehicle. They'd have to move their ass though and beat SMART's ForTwo-E to the US market in order to gain market dominance.

I'm not too keen on the fortwo but I'd buy a brabus smart roadster yesterday
:drool:
smart-roadster-125.jpg

theacoustician said:
I just can't see the people in the market for a sporty roadster with a manual transmission being the same people that want an electric gas eliminator

Wait and see, as great and reliable as MGs are they will bomb in the States.

edit: the next time you see a chick parking a solstice please note that it's an automatic

if MG wants to even have a chance here they must be able to go automatic

Last edited: