Baby CHIN-POO-EAT-MORE!! v. Show Me What You Got!

Hey @thintoast, I caught a Horsea

DHbfUKk.png

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
I turned on the game this morning just to do some cleanup........there are literally no Pokemon near me? Did they update the frequency of common to just not show up anymore?

Head biologist here has an interesting opinion on the thing. It's so popular because it rewards so many of our basic instincts.

Collecting shit is rooted in our hunter/gatherer past. We had to run around and collect shit to survive, we don't have to do it anymore but the instinct hasn't gone away. The more we collect, the bigger the psychological reward of satisfaction.

Competitiveness with each other. We all unconsciously try to do better than others to make ourselves more attractive to the opposite sex. "I got more pokemons than that asshole".

Animal husbandry. We've got an instinct to keep dogs/cats around. Anyone else remember tamagotchis, neopets and all that bullshit? Same shit.

Herd mentality. If everyone else is doing something, we're inclined to start doing it too without giving it much thought.

Chaos as Pokémon GO ‘Gym Battle’ breaks out on M56

Hundreds of motorists travelling eastbound on the M56 motorway faced delays of up to 5 hours today after a Pokémon GO ‘Gym Battle’ broke out in the middle lane near Manchester Airport.

Early reports indicate that the driver of a Renault Scenic veered across three lanes before coming to a sudden stop. The driver, with three children in the back, walked out of his car into oncoming traffic holding his phone in the air.

The popular game has caused widespread controversy following its release, as players are required to travel great distances in the real world to move their avatars in the game.

Speaking from Westminster this afternoon, Secretary of State for Transport Patrick McLoughlin said: “This is a shocking incident. I believe the gentleman involved was 45 years old and spent half an hour battling with a 9 year old to takeover a ‘Gym’, which happened to be positioned in the middle lane of the M56. May I be the first to call this man a complete quilt”.

47 people are said to have missed their flights, and the estimated cost to the taxpayer to clear the tailbacks is likely to reach the hundreds of thousands. A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “This game is ridiculous. Back in my day, if you wanted to walk around looking for big pink dragons and blue tortoises, you’d just take some acid like a normal person”.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
May I be the first to call this man a complete quilt”.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “This game is ridiculous. Back in my day, if you wanted to walk around looking for big pink dragons and blue tortoises, you’d just take some acid like a normal person”.
:lol:

Now I just need geolocation to work properly again. I've missed out on 4 pokemon that I don't have yet. (pikachu, tentacool, Hypno, and Vulpix)

The game freezing has made me miss out on a Butterfree, Venomoth, Kingler, and Jynx