Chikken invades England (pics)

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,863
A small selection of pictures from our trip to England...

We got there on saturday morning, spent 2 hours in line at customs, got our rental car and headed out

to Salisbury. The next day visited Stonehendge, Bath, Cheddar, and the southwestern coast.

Monday we headed to Brighton, and spent 4 hours in lovely traffic :mad: then wandered the beach and

pier, went on the roller coaster, and visited the Royal Pavillion.

Tuesday we went to Dover and did the whole Dover castle / underground tunnels bit.

Wednesday, headed back to London and on the way visited Canterbury Cathedral and had oysters in

Whit-something or other

Chikken rubbing the stones

cn_hendge.JPG

Some cool shadows from the stones

hendge_shadow.JPG

The whole enchilada (sorta)

hendge.JPG

Our rental car, the gorgeous Seat Toledo

seat1.JPG

Yep, a diesel :drool:

seat2.JPG

Those seats were pretty comfy.

seat3.JPG

What's this? Chikken rented an automatic in England? *gasp*

Not so, it was a DSG model :drool: I want to import one of these suckers now. 550+ miles per tank of

fuel, considering it was $7 a gallon or so over there - that's pretty damn sweet. I only had to put

in 4 gallons to make it back to the rental place.

Our room at the Dorchester in London, when we pulled up to this place there was a Maybach out front,

two Bentley's, an Aston Martin, a couple AMG Mercedes', a BMW 7 series (how pedestrian), and our

lovely Seat - boy I felt silly :fly:

room1.JPG

The all important in-room liquor cabinet, though I was dismayed at the crappy selection ( Though the

hotel bar had St. Magdeline 24 :drool: ), the cognac in the upper left was 92 pounds!

room2.JPG

The all-marble bathroom, and the only one I stayed at in England that had consistent water pressure

and single faucets

bathroom.JPG

And finally, some dude dressed up like a statue

statueman.JPG

No pics of Bath? :( I love that city. Did you guys hit the Cotswolds? Some of the most beautiful countryside on the planet.

Sarcasmo said:
No pics of Bath? :( I love that city. Did you guys hit the Cotswolds? Some of the most beautiful countryside on the planet.
I've got some pics of Bath, mainly of the Roman Bath - I can try and dig some out later

Nah, didn't have enough time to make it to the land of many sheep :( missed quite a lot of stuff actually, my wife's limited vacation days kinda screwed us there.

LOL that statue dude reminds me of Euro trip and the robot.

Looks like you had a blast, I'd love to see those pile of rocks one day. wiggle