Chicago bans foie gras

FlyNavy said:
end of may and i don't remember who you are. i was not in charge of inviting but i do need to find a date
My brother loves Monte Python

:eek:

eileenbunny said:
Chickens are kept in cages that are so small they never get to flex their wings. This keeps them from getting any exercise. They are force fed regularly and live in absolutely horrid conditions. Check out a mass production chicken farm sometime. It will make you want to vomit. I try not to think about it when I'm enjoying a nice Purdue Oven Stuffer Roaster.
What do you think they do to veal calfs?

eileenbunny said:
Sorry, I was the one doing the inviting :(. And by inviting I mean inviting myself and my husband to Chicago to see the show. Do you live in the Chicago area? We are going on memorial day weekend.
What are your accomodation plans?

eileenbunny said:
Sorry, I was the one doing the inviting :(. And by inviting I mean inviting myself and my husband to Chicago to see the show. Do you live in the Chicago area? We are going on memorial day weekend.
Yeah, I'm on the south side of the city.

When are you coming in? On the 26th or 27th? If it's the 26th I'm down for meeting up but I'm heading to my parents' in southern IL for the weekend.

eileenbunny said:
I'm sure it's awful. I personally try not to think about it. I don't eat veal cause I don't really like it, but I won't knock someone else for making the personal decision to munch on a baby cow.
veal = :drool: ^eleventy

CletusJones said:
Yeah, I'm on the south side of the city.

When are you coming in? On the 26th or 27th? If it's the 26th I'm down for meeting up but I'm heading to my parents' in southern IL for the weekend.

Our tickets are for the evening of the 27th. We are probably gonna get in to town late on the 26th. I think it'd be great if we could meet you.

eileenbunny said:
Our tickets are for the evening of the 27th. We are probably gonna get in to town late on the 26th. I think it'd be great if we could meet you.
Are you staying with us, I don't remember :lol:

Sarcasmo said:
People say things like "We have kids being killed by gang members and other real problems and this is what people focus on?"

First of all, it's still illegal for gang members to kill kids, or at least it was the last time I checked. So that part is done. Second of all, it's up to the cops to stop gang violence, not the city council. So that part is done.
Actually the police have no requirement to enforce any law or protect any person. This is supported by numerous examples in case law. Essentially the only point you made was that just because you pass a law doesnt mean that people determined to break it arent going to. Which is true.

So what is the job of the city council? To pass municipal codes making certain things illegal, like the abusive treatment of animals that enables some flaccid jerk to press his belly up against the table at an overpriced restaurant and slurp down bird livers as part of something he and his equally useless cohorts deem "socially acceptable luxury dining" before going home and jerking each other off with old thousand-dollar bills and mutual fund receipts.

*shrug*
It is not one person or a group of persons place to legislate morality. It is only a slippery slope that enables the passing of laws which the only benefit of is making someone FEEL better and bringing another individuals behaviour in line with with their own.