Checking in...(baby pics inside!)

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
Thought it was time for me to check in...and take advantage of another opportunity to show off some *good* pics, 'cause they're not of me! :p Dunno if any of you folks around here remember that my daughter was pregnant-heck, I can't even remember whether I mentioned it here or not!-anyway, she wasn't supposed to be due for another eight weeks or so but the little one was in some kind of hurry to get into the world, so my first grandchild (yesh, I am old...) was born, weighing 2 pounds 2 ounces, such a tiny thing!

162_6240sm.jpg

162_6249sm.jpg

162_6255sm.jpg

What can I say, it's another great opportunity to show her off! :D Name is Katana Fawn, and she's doing great for being a couple of months premature.

congrats!

my fiance's sister just gave birth on saturday to a boy. he was 5 weeks premature also and doing great...

moose ~Seems like I'm hearing about a lot of premies these days, hope things continue to go well.

Wren ~That's about what it looks like! :) She likes bringing her IV hand right in front of her face when I'm trying to snap a pic...or I should say 'liked'-as of yesterday they took the IV out and put in an NG tube, which she has already nearly dislodged several times. We've got a little wiggleworm here!

Arátoeldar ~Thanks :heart: Too young? Hehe, tell Katana that! :p Funny, suppose I should feel really old being a grandparent and all, but I don't.

how sweet...and so tiny! how's she doing? do they know what caused her to come so early? i had a friend who's boy showed up at 29 weeks...he was only ONE POUND.
congratulations!!

You guys never give up, do ya? :p No pics of daughter.

Thorn ~Gah, the entire pregnancy was a nightmare, one problem after another, then she finally developed pre-eclampsia. If Kat hadn't decided to preempt the schedule and arrive early they would have needed to induce labor within the next couple of days anyway. There is another woman staying at the nearest Ronald McDonald House (Google for it folks, I'm too lazy to look it up but hamburgers and fries are NOT involved!) who had a 1 pounder, been in the NICU for over a month now and *might* go home in another month or so.

How big is he now Thorn?

around 11 lbs. he's three weeks old. :D

You guys never give up, do ya? :p No pics of daughter.

Thorn ~Gah, the entire pregnancy was a nightmare, one problem after another, then she finally developed pre-eclampsia. If Kat hadn't decided to preempt the schedule and arrive early they would have needed to induce labor within the next couple of days anyway. There is another woman staying at the nearest Ronald McDonald House (Google for it folks, I'm too lazy to look it up but hamburgers and fries are NOT involved!) who had a 1 pounder, been in the NICU for over a month now and *might* go home in another month or so.

i hate to hear of a long and nightmarish pregnancy! how wearing and scary.

beerad, it's only been in very recent years that babies that small can survive. it's amazing what science can do.

good luck to mommy and baby!!

around 11 lbs. he's three weeks old. :D

Uh, are you sure? No one pound baby I know of would gain 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Haylee was only 4 pounds and finally hit 11 pounds around 5 months.

Congratulations. She is adorable. I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'll keep both your daughter and granddaughter in my thoughts, having one in the NICU is never easy.

Uh, are you sure? No one pound baby I know of would gain 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Haylee was only 4 pounds and finally hit 11 pounds around 5 months.

Congratulations. She is adorable. I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'll keep both your daughter and granddaughter in my thoughts, having one in the NICU is never easy.

:lol: she's talking about moistlette