Ontopic Charlie Sheen : HIV +

I think what some people might be missing about what @helenabear was talking about was that yes, promiscuity is a risk factor for HIV, but the person that contracts it might not themself have been engaging in risky behaviors; yes, the risk is the cause, but the person who has the disease is now burdened with the stigma and assumptions associated with it even if they have led a fairly safe lifestyle.

I could be off-base here in terms of what she was saying, but it seems to be somewhere wires were getting crossed in the discussion.

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear
I think what some people might be missing about what @helenabear was talking about was that yes, promiscuity is a risk factor for HIV, but the person that contracts it might not themself have been engaging in risky behaviors; yes, the risk is the cause, but the person who has the disease is now burdened with the stigma and assumptions associated with it even if they have led a fairly safe lifestyle.

I could be off-base here in terms of what she was saying, but it seems to be somewhere wires were getting crossed in the discussion.
That never happens around Jere.