charities

Immediately after katrina I tried joining the local red cross chapter to go help out. they told me they were full. :wtf::mad: I was the ideal candidate too, had just graduated college and had no job yet.

So f'em. never donating a dime to that crap organization.

How do you get involved in habitat for humanity? That sounds like a worthwhile cause I could actually contribute too.

Immediately after any disaster the red cross is always slammed with people applying to help out. Unfortunately they don't have the manpower to process all those new requests during times like that. They have a process that they have to go through to accept new volunteers because they receive money from the govt. It's not that they don't want help, but they would prefer it if people volunteered during quieter times so they don't have to turn them away. Don't give up on them, they do good work.

Immediately after any disaster the red cross is always slammed with people applying to help out. Unfortunately they don't have the manpower to process all those new requests during times like that. They have a process that they have to go through to accept new volunteers because they receive money from the govt. It's not that they don't want help, but they would prefer it if people volunteered during quieter times so they don't have to turn them away. Don't give up on them, they do good work.

to late, they're already dead to me.

now... more info on habitat for humanity plz

Immediately after katrina I tried joining the local red cross chapter to go help out. they told me they were full. :wtf::mad: I was the ideal candidate too, had just graduated college and had no job yet.

So f'em. never donating a dime to that crap organization.

How do you get involved in habitat for humanity? That sounds like a worthwhile cause I could actually contribute too.
in my case i just registered an account on the local chapter website then signed up online for the next saturday work day. go to http://www.habitat.org/ to find out which is your local chapter.