charities

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
do any of y'all regularly contribute/donate to a charity? what are your favorites?
and do you donate anything else? time? blood? plasma? money? items? any good or bad experiences you've had with charities?

marked Ontopic for those of you who are dying to donate sperm jokes. :fly:

in the past i only ever donated things to Good Will. For example yard sale leftovers or the detritus leftover from a flurry of organizing would get dropped off there.

More recently I finally joined my public radio station (at the $60 level), whenever I go to church I put a fiver in the collection plate (in an envelope, but unsigned because I don't want them bothering me to join the church), and I've started volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.

Never had any problems with charities because I'm never really looking for any sort of return so there's nothing to be disappointed about.

I refuse to donate to anyone who stands in the intersections collecting money. I've lost most of my faith in man and don't trust most charities.

At my highschool there was a girl named Charity. She had huge....well, lets just say she got good grades from the male teachers.

I give blood ever now and then. It helps fight heart disease and I like to think they are taking the slow lazy blood that didn't run fast enough.

At my highschool there was a girl named Charity. She had huge....well, lets just say she got good grades from the male teachers.

I give blood ever now and then. It helps fight heart disease and I like to think they are taking the slow lazy blood that didn't run fast enough.

I don't mind giving blood but I'm basically banned from giving blood for the next 20 years.

I volunteer with the beagle rescue in this area.

Screw people.

Edit: fly has mentioned wanting to build houses for humanity, which sounds like fun.

I donate stuff to Good Will or whoever is willing to come to my house and take my junk away.

Also, we donated my dad's organs to the Maryland Transplant Resource Center and then as a follow up we held a golf tournament in my dad's honor and raised more money for them.

My mother has donated her body to research as well.

IBWIP gives to public radio when he can.

I also volunteered as a lobbyist for the Human Rights Campaign and NORML. I've done a couple jobs for them. It's fun and I feel like I'm doing something good, but it is an incredible donation in time. It takes me a while to prepare for something like that.

Back in Ohio I helped out with a campaign to raise more money for the local school district which was in desparate need. They had to cancel bus service and the newest school was built in 1933. They were having classes in the hallways for lack of better places and there were no specials like gym, art or music. Now they have all that stuff.

I love doing charity work, whether it's donating money or time. I usually have more time than money so I give as much of it as I can.

I donate heavily, and regularly to CHEO, the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario. My lil sister spent about 4 of the first 6 months of her life there, was near death several times and pulled through. I also like to think that if there's ever a problem with my son, my money is going to help that out.

Various other charities as well, but none as much as CHEO

I donate heavily, and regularly to CHEO, the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario. My lil sister spent about 4 of the first 6 months of her life there, was near death several times and pulled through. I also like to think that if there's ever a problem with my son, my money is going to help that out.

Various other charities as well, but none as much as CHEO

Immediately after katrina I tried joining the local red cross chapter to go help out. they told me they were full. :wtf::mad: I was the ideal candidate too, had just graduated college and had no job yet.

So f'em. never donating a dime to that crap organization.

How do you get involved in habitat for humanity? That sounds like a worthwhile cause I could actually contribute too.

Immediately after katrina I tried joining the local red cross chapter to go help out. they told me they were full. :wtf::mad: I was the ideal candidate too, had just graduated college and had no job yet.

So f'em. never donating a dime to that crap organization.

How do you get involved in habitat for humanity? That sounds like a worthwhile cause I could actually contribute too.

I'm not sure, wonder if we can do a UF charity meat event.

I donated money to the ASPCA in theacoustician's name. I get cards in the mail all the time for Scotty Coustician. I think they want pandora to headline the next equine drive.