Chance for PETA to put their money where their mouth is

shawndavid said:
I don't understand why they'd toss blood/paint on someone wearing fur. The animal's already dead, so why waste a beautiful garment?

All kidding aside, I don't hunt or fish for sport or eat veal, but my hypocrite ass wears leather shoes and both of our vehicles seats are swaddled in cow hyde.

Oh, and I drink milk knowing that the dairy industry is the main contributor to the veal industry.

Honestly though guys, WTF?

I mean isnt the killing of weaker animals as a food source integrated into our mainframe? I dont see anyone yelling at tigers cause they are killing zebra for food. I am sure a tiger has once killed a baby zebra and was like, yummmy thats some tender shit.

Then after the meat is eaten we use the hyde for modern day comfort which is completely normal and has always been done.

I completely agree that killing animals for sport is pretty sick but if you are killing animals for hunting purposes and using what you killed, isnt that human nature? Isnt that why we have pointed teeth and teeth strong enough to rip meat off bones?

IDK, what do you think?

Deep down I believe in either being a vegetarian, or hunting for my own food with a bow and arrow or knife.

Unfortunately I'm lazy and don't think about it when I eat meat.

BeeRad said:
Honestly though guys, WTF?

I mean isnt the killing of weaker animals as a food source integrated into our mainframe? I dont see anyone yelling at tigers cause they are killing zebra for food. I am sure a tiger has once killed a baby zebra and was like, yummmy thats some tender shit.

Then after the meat is eaten we use the hyde for modern day comfort which is completely normal and has always been done.

I completely agree that killing animals for sport is pretty sick but if you are killing animals for hunting purposes and using what you killed, isnt that human nature? Isnt that why we have pointed teeth and teeth strong enough to rip meat off bones?

IDK, what do you think?
I think the problem is that people watch Bambi and think that animals have the same type of thought processes as humans... so, in essence, they humanize animals. It's nothing more than misguided compassion.

zengirl said:
I think the problem is that people watch Bambi and think that animals have the same type of thought processes as humans... so, in essence, they humanize animals. It's nothing more than misguided compassion.

I completely understand the compassion part but you are so right when you say that it is misguided. If it werent then why do most vegitarians have to use supplements? Sure its nice to know there are supplements out there but arent you just tricking your body from the real goal it wants to injest?

zengirl said:
I believe the word youre looking for is "anthropomorphism"

Racists for the Ethical Treatment of Aardvarks, Rats, Dogs, and Snails

"Put the escargot down, you dumb [ADMIN EDIT]!"

BeeRad said:
I completely understand the compassion part but you are so right when you say that it is misguided. If it werent then why do most vegitarians have to use supplements? Sure its nice to know there are supplements out there but arent you just tricking your body from the real goal it wants to injest?
Well, as humans, we've evolved to the point where we have created a choice for ourselves. We are animals, but we can choose to forget that and live in a "more civilized" way. Maybe it's not a bad thing, I mean seriously, how many obese vegans do you know?

zengirl said:
Well, as humans, we've evolved to the point where we have created a choice for ourselves. We are animals, but we can choose to forget that and live in a "more civilized" way. Maybe it's not a bad thing, I mean seriously, how many obese vegans do you know?

Just me :(

zengirl said:

Vegans are skinny because people are omnivores. We are designed to eat everything. Only eating veggies deprives the body of the complex chemistry it needs to be healthy and hardy. Amino acids, proteins, minerals, oils, fats, carbohydrates... People love to claim that there is an alternate source for everything, but they don't understand the greater physiological equation.

Sarcasmo said:
Vegans are skinny because people are omnivores. We are designed to eat everything. Only eating veggies deprives the body of the complex chemistry it needs to be healthy and hardy. Amino acids, proteins, minerals, oils, fats, carbohydrates... People love to claim that there is an alternate source for everything, but they don't understand the greater physiological equation.
Well, in that case I'm like super duper healthy. Kickasss.

FlamingGlory said:
I believe the word youre looking for is "anthropomorphism"
logo.jpg