Cell Phones - What Do You Have?

b_sinning said:
How much is the speed difference between Wifi vs. Data plan? I use the hell out of my data plan.

WiFi is just WiFi, as in it'll connect to any unsecured wireless network around. Therefore it's the same speed (a little slower for processing time) as the network, which is usually broadband. Note I haven't tried it yet, however.

mattcohn.com said:
So I went into a T-Mobile store yesterday to play with the MDA. Some other people reported it as too big, however it's the EXACT same size as my BlackBerry. Some other people said it felt cheep and plasticy with the fold out keyboard, but it didn't at all, it felt downright sturdy. I can't wait to get mine over the summer. The only thing that pisses me off is the BlackBerry unlimited data plan is $20 while the plan for this is $30 :(

Meh you really don't need the plan if you live in the city with a billion wireless networks. And as for the phone, it looked cheapy online but now that I have it in my hands and have played around with it, stroked it, tongue... ahem it's a pretty firm phone.

mattcohn.com said:
WiFi is just WiFi, as in it'll connect to any unsecured wireless network around. Therefore it's the same speed (a little slower for processing time) as the network, which is usually broadband. Note I haven't tried it yet, however.
Tmobile EDGE runs at best 192kbps. 802.11b = 11mbits at best

ceiling fly said:
Tmobile EDGE runs at best 192kbps. 802.11b = 11mbits at best

but you have a much better chance of it working wherever you go...driving down the highway you're shit out of luck if you're hoping to be hopping from 802.11 hotspot to hotspot

why_ask_why said:
but you have a much better chance of it working wherever you go...driving down the highway you're shit out of luck if you're hoping to be hopping from 802.11 hotspot to hotspot

But it costs extra... something us peon's can't afford like you big ballers.

ceiling fly said:
They will pay a part of mine, but I have been too lazy to start submitting it on my expense report. :lol:

we issue blackberrys to those that require them and the billing is done internally..no expense report bs to deal with