Cell Phones - What Do You Have?

thrawn said:
i never use the camera on my phone. hell, i rarely use the A70 i have. i cant recall a single dropped call with this phone.

as for text messaging, it almost annoys me. i get charged a dime a piece for text messages but can listen to voicemail for free. my mom perpetually sends me text messages even after numerous explanations. it's not that i care about the dime, just that she does it despite me asking her to utilize whatever intellect she has left and leave a message. and the majority of the time she fuckin texts me her phone number, as if i cant see who called.

:fly:

Been using a Treo 600 for a couple of months now. Always liked the Palm PDA's and I hated the Nokia synching software that I had for my 6800. Nice size and easy to operate one handed. It does reboot itself occasionally, so in a sense it resembles Windows 98.

I got the phone last night... weeeeeeeee this is loads of fun, all the features.

Freaking can get on wi-fi networks anywhere. my penis is HUGE now.

SpangeMonkee said:
speakin' of which, I haven't drunk dialed you guys in a while. Guess I need to get drunk more often. It also works best if bast is around to help. :)

I know right... maybe this time I'll answer my phone (usually I'm sleeeping when you call, ya freak)

April23 said:
I know right... maybe this time I'll answer my phone (usually I'm sleeeping when you call, ya freak)

That's becuase you sleep on farmer time. Hed to bed when the sun goes down. Don't you know the freaks come out at night?

April23 said:
I got the phone last night... weeeeeeeee this is loads of fun, all the features.

Woohoo my telephonic twin, congrats on your huge penis. No wonder Fly is always so happy.

April23 said:

I wish my treo had the wifi then maybe I'd use it for web/mail. But I'm too cheap to pay for a data plan on it.

lemon_fresh said:
I wish my treo had the wifi then maybe I'd use it for web/mail. But I'm too cheap to pay for a data plan on it.

It's 20-30 bucks... not worth it imo. there are billions of unsecured wireless points it seems.

April23 said:
It's 20-30 bucks... not worth it imo. there are billions of unsecured wireless points it seems.

Reminds me...I was adding an extra Wireless Access point in meeting room in one of the dorms last week. I kept having problems testing it becuase my laptop kept jumping on all the unsecured networks over there. I'm taking about 30+ where I was standing. Very annoying.

I place at least one access point in all buildings near an outside wall so I can pick it up in my car from the street if I need to get online while running around. With 60+ buildings I'm really starting to get good coverage so I don't have to go into places that often.

So I went into a T-Mobile store yesterday to play with the MDA. Some other people reported it as too big, however it's the EXACT same size as my BlackBerry. Some other people said it felt cheep and plasticy with the fold out keyboard, but it didn't at all, it felt downright sturdy. I can't wait to get mine over the summer. The only thing that pisses me off is the BlackBerry unlimited data plan is $20 while the plan for this is $30 :(

mattcohn.com said:
So I went into a T-Mobile store yesterday to play with the MDA. Some other people reported it as too big, however it's the EXACT same size as my BlackBerry. Some other people said it felt cheep and plasticy with the fold out keyboard, but it didn't at all, it felt downright sturdy. I can't wait to get mine over the summer. The only thing that pisses me off is the BlackBerry unlimited data plan is $20 while the plan for this is $30 :(
wifi > data plan

Imma get the SDA, cause I like to dial numbers.

ceiling fly said:
wifi > data plan

Imma get the SDA, cause I like to dial numbers.

Yeah, and WiFi is free, but the data plan works everywhere. I just like always getting all my e-mail instantly. Will the phone get e-mail at all if you don't have a data plan?

And about the SDA... have you gone into a store and actually handled both of them? I was on the fence between the MDA and SDA before I went in, and 100% sold on the MDA when I walked out. The SDA I found a pain to navigate with the litttle joystick they give you, and hard to press in to select without moving it side to side. Also then you have T9, which is ugly. I'll admit that just dialing numbers is a little harder with the MDA, you either have to use the touchscreen or slide out the keyboard and use that, but I found dialing on the keyboard to be comfortable. And I usually dial by name anyway.

Last edited: