Halp Cell Phones (again)

Forgot to add. WiFi a must. I don't understand the reasoning behind making electronic devices that can connect to the internet, yet have no WiFi. So silly.

Because of the price of the chip, the added certifications required by the FCC, the added power away from the battery it takes, the licensing of encryption protocols, should I go on?

Because of the price of the chip, the added certifications required by the FCC, the added power away from the battery it takes, the licensing of encryption protocols, should I go on?

So why do a lot of companies make devices WITH WiFi?

Anyone know what is like trying to sync all your calendar, contacts, etc with Android and MS Outlook

So why do a lot of companies make devices WITH WiFi?

Because they learned from the Japanese early one (think Zaurus days) that people don't want adapters, they want connectivity built in all the time. It's worth the bullet point to manufacturers if you tick off you have wifi. It's like a commercial.

Can you use the motorola droid on tmobile?

No, conflicting technologies. You can, however, use the European version of the Droid, the Milestone, on T Mobile.

If you want an Android phone (which I recommend) and you are on T Mobile, go for the Nexus One.

If you want to be on Verizon, wait for the Incredible.

I don't think there's a GSM version.

Could be wrong, hadn't seen one though.

The milestone is the GSM one.

Liam, do you require a hardware keyboard? If so I can't stand the Droid's. It's quite awful. If a "soft" keyboard is ok, just stick with the Nexus One.

If you are on sprint, I would hold out for the Evo 4G.

No, conflicting technologies. You can, however, use the European version of the Droid, the Milestone, on T Mobile.

If you want an Android phone (which I recommend) and you are on T Mobile, go for the Nexus One.

If you want to be on Verizon, wait for the Incredible.

OMG! That thing is $600!!!

Did I forget to mention I don't do contracts?

I don't do contracts.......

We have a month by month tmobile setup.

There is nothing wrong getting a two year contract and a free smart phone from a cell company. It's cheaper in the long-run.

The milestone is the GSM one.

Liam, do you require a hardware keyboard? If so I can't stand the Droid's. It's quite awful. If a "soft" keyboard is ok, just stick with the Nexus One.

If you are on sprint, I would hold out for the Evo 4G.

Keyboard doesn't matter. Software or hardware. I don't see myself typing all that much on a phone. Just text messages.

There is nothing wrong getting a two year contract and a free smart phone from a cell company. It's cheaper in the long-run.

Yeah but I just don't like being legally tied into something. I'm much rather buy a phone outright..