Halp Cell Phones (again)

Hmm maybe that's true. I know Canada's plans and coverage are quite shit.

But if you can't place a call in NY on AT&T towers, that's pretty shitty.

Well I'm sure piss poor planning has something to do with that as well, but infrastructure takes years to build...

Hmm maybe that's true. I know Canada's plans and coverage are quite shit.

But if you can't place a call in NY on AT&T towers, that's pretty shitty.

indeed they are. thankfully, i have a bb that work pays for. the coverage is fine in any urban area, but there are lots of grey spots outside the city

So, more research on the droid incredible shows me a few things.

It's no bigger than my HTC touch pro (the touch screen that is). And that is one of this things I really don't like about it.

I might be able to get over not having a HW keyboard, but only if HTC has made their touch interface better than it was on the pro.

Battery life issues still plague HTC.

The reviews all love it, and say it's the best Smartphone verizon has to offer. For now...

I might just wait and see if Verizon get's an iPhone, and in the meantime, spend my money on a new set of clubs. My summer golf league starts on Monday.

All I know is I had SERO and even though it was Sprint, I should have kept it along. Now this summer when the Evo 4G comes out, I could have keep $30 month 500 anytime (nights start at 7pm) unlim data and text AND unlim 4g.

Instead I break my contract (which Sprint actually should have let me out of for free because they changed their contract) for fucking iPhone and AT&T :mad:

I still have sprint SERO and get all those things you just mentioned if it makes you feel any better.

No sim to throw in. Verizon may use it on their phones, I dunno. But it was originally an Alltel phone, and they never used SIMs

Nope, Verizon is CDMA

Yes, but they do sell some phones with both CDMA and GSM - the TP2, and at least a couple of Blackberries.

It's only quad-band GSM though, so it won't pick up any 3G GSM signals in the US.

Mostly just for using it internationally with pre-paid sims, or the Vzw one if you don't mind the roaming charges (Which weren't that bad in Mehico actually.....)

I know, but we'll stick with it as long as humanly possible.

Yeeup, I'll keep buying slightly better phones off of the Best Buy auction site, and activating it on my SERO account, until they won't let me do that anymore.

Yeeup, I'll keep buying slightly better phones off of the Best Buy auction site, and activating it on my SERO account, until they won't let me do that anymore.

I should have done that :( Then I could have gotten the Evo 4G this summer :drool:

Uhhh, because we're 10x the size of any other country. Its easy to be bleeding edge when your country is the size of a postage stamp.

BS. Australia has a better cell phone market/industry and we are roughly the same size with no where near the same amount of people..

It's shitty here because the cell phone corporations like to fuck you all in the ass, and all you love getting it hard and fast in the ass!

ugh... cell phones

I'm really starting to see uses for a smart phone. I've been with a standard prepaid (no camera) cell phone for about 2 years. Recently I got a cell phone from work which is just a standard flip phone. I've seen Juli with her blackberry and seen some of the things she does with communicating with her kids and other family also Kiki, and I find myself on numerous occasions frustrated not having these abilities.. I guess my cheap ass is starting to get too cheap for modern times.. You should see me trying to type a text message on a dial pad. Don't stand too close.

So I'm looking at getting a smart phone. But I'm still a cheap ass, as thus why I have this dilemma finding a suitable phone for myself. I wanna be able to:

Text with ease. (A MUST!)
Browse the web. (this is just a luzury want)
Listen to music. (not listen to morons on the subway)
Play little games. (kill time on the subway)
Take pictures. (Don't need high MegaPixels, just want to snap pics whenever something happens, crime, accident, boobies)
Email. (Another must. My email load from work is growing exponentially)

I've been looking around and would really like an Android. I like the "apps" concept, but will never EVER give another cent to Apple.

What phone should I be looking at?

Forgot to add. WiFi a must. I don't understand the reasoning behind making electronic devices that can connect to the internet, yet have no WiFi. So silly.