cat vs dog

i was thinking the cats were the wandering type that would come home every so often.

Yea, if the dogs being a problem, id have no issue leaving out a tin of anti freeze.
I mentioned earlier in the thread how my cats are within 10 sec calling distance at all times. Mine are fixed .. they don't if they get too far and can't hear the door open. lol.

So what's to keep my other cat from getting the antifreeze, or my next door neighbors cat who comes over to sun on the deck with my cats? Or my dog that I let out to run everyday? Or any of the other dogs thathappy to walk through my yard?

I can't do that, wouoldn't even think of it. It's against the law and my morals.

Technically if I were to do something like tha t.. it would make me as irresponsible and careless as the guy who owns the dog

Last edited:
I mentioned earlier in the thread how my cats are within 10 sec calling distance at all times. Mine are fixed .. they don't if they get too far and can't hear the door open. lol.

So what's to keep my other cat from getting the antifreeze, or my next door neighbors cat who comes over to sun on the deck with my cats? Or my dog that I let out to run everyday? Or any of the other dogs thathappy to walk through my yard?

I can't do that, wouoldn't even think of it. It's against the law and my morals.

Technically if I were to do something like tha t.. it would make me as irresponsible and careless as the guy who owns the dog

rifle + automated targeting and tracking system + dogs specific image programed in so it only shoots it = no more problem the next time the dog comes on your yard.

Personally id say just use a live trap, then dispose of him.

She was going to take him to the vet yesterday. Her vet friend told her to bring him in today and that the wound splitting open like that was probably a good thing.

any updates/more gooey pics?

Like Mikey said the vet was super busy yesterday, so she gave me some instructions for home and is gonna come see him today.

She told me to irrigate the wound a couple times last night, which I did. Cat laid there and let me do whatever I wanted to him. It looks larger than it did yesterday, but after I irrigated it a couple times with some warm salt/water I think it looks a tad better this AM.

IMG_3948.jpg

This has got to be the most chill cat on the planet.

IMG_3946-1.jpg

If this had happened to my other cat .. I would have had to find his corpse due to the stench in the attic. He wouldn't have let me come anywhere near him.

He's so sweet and lovable. He wants me to pet him, but I am at work and using the computer all day. Yesterday he moves over in front of me and starts pawing at my fingers while I'm typing .. trying to get my attention.

IMG_3944-1.jpg

Today he decides that didn't work .. so he laid on top of my mouse/mouse pad :lol:

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

Like Mikey said the vet was super busy yesterday, so she gave me some instructions for home and is gonna come see him today.

She told me to irrigate the wound a couple times last night, which I did. Cat laid there and let me do whatever I wanted to him. It looks larger than it did yesterday, but after I irrigated it a couple times with some warm salt/water I think it looks a tad better this AM.

IMG_3948.jpg

This has got to be the most chill cat on the planet.

IMG_3946-1.jpg

If this had happened to my other cat .. I would have had to find his corpse due to the stench in the attic. He wouldn't have let me come anywhere near him.

He's so sweet and lovable. He wants me to pet him, but I am at work and using the computer all day. Yesterday he moves over in front of me and starts pawing at my fingers while I'm typing .. trying to get my attention.

IMG_3944-1.jpg

Today he decides that didn't work .. so he laid on top of my mouse/mouse pad :lol:

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

Awwww, I love him :heart: :heart:

He's doing really good. His wound, although still quite gross to look at IMO is doing much better.

Monday430_01.jpg

What's that? You are going to come over here and pet me you say? ALRIGHT!
Monday430_02.jpg

Yes woman, the lap will do just fine.
Monday430_04.jpg

Yes, yes .. right there .. that's the ticket! lol
Monday430_05.jpg

*note to self* upshots make you appear rather large... don't sit the camera so far down next time :lol:

He's doing really good. His wound, although still quite gross to look at IMO is doing much better.

Monday430_01.jpg

What's that? You are going to come over here and pet me you say? ALRIGHT!
Monday430_02.jpg

Yes woman, the lap will do just fine.
Monday430_04.jpg

Yes, yes .. right there .. that's the ticket! lol
Monday430_05.jpg

*note to self* upshots make you appear rather large... don't sit the camera so far down next time :lol:

I don't think that I prepared myself for that. Ew.

Anyway, why haven't they closed the wound?

Because it is so deep and it was a ruptured absess.

It will have to heal from the inside out. If they sewed it up they would sew up the infection that still is draining out. If they sew it up it could absess again, and re-rupture.

Which is why I have to irrigate it several times a day (use warm water w/antibacterial soap in a squirt bottle and forcefully wash the wound out, then rinse). He is also on powerful antibiotics.

Because it is so deep and it was a ruptured absess.

It will have to heal from the inside out. If they sewed it up they would sew up the infection that still is draining out. If they sew it up it could absess again, and re-rupture.

Which is why I have to irrigate it several times a day (use warm water w/antibacterial soap in a squirt bottle and forcefully wash the wound out, then rinse). He is also on powerful antibiotics.

Awww the poor kittah. :heart:

If I had that on my gut .. I would be moaning and groaning like no ones business. Dodger, he acts ike it isn't even there. This cat either has the highest pain tolerance level in the world, or his nerves are damaged in that area.

He's great though .. doesn't even give me a hard time while I'm squirting the shit out of it (you have to put a lot of pressure behind it to make sure it gets it clean, since you can't actually touch it. Or .. I'm not going to actually touch it to be more clear lol). He just lays there and takes it like a man.