cat vs dog

SRC

Flaccid Member
Feb 19, 2007
tired of your shit
www.myspace.com
Marklar
₥0
This is one great cat. He's been bitten, clipped, shaved, poked on, yanked on, pressed on (to check for a hernia) , and generally just abused this weekend.

Through all of that .. he still purrs. Such a tough kitty. He lays there and lets you do whatever you want to him .. even though when it hurts he meows a little, just enough to let you know. He flipped his tail angrily once .. but that was when we yanked off a scabbed over, blood matted, section of fur to get to the bite wound underneath (I couldn't do it .. my vet friend had to .. I just couldn't cas I knew it was gonna hurt him a lot) :(.

It's beyond me how he managed to get away. He's fat and he's slow. Being fat saved his life though .. they grabbed a mouth full of skin/fat instead of a mouth full of "cat".

Damn dog bit him at least 6 times. :mad face:

I shielded some of these just in case this kinda stuff makes some people queasy.

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch. My mom's cat was attacked twice by a neighborhood cat. The 2nd time, the cat filleted my mom's cat pretty bad. Took her awhile to heal up. A drain had to be put in. Gross++

Yeah he has claws. He is just one laid back cat (he's also fat and slow), and he's also not "afraid" of dogs .. hasn't ever had to be .. before now.

I know exactly which dog did it .. same one that killed one of my other cats last year. Also the same dog that taught Smiley how to dig out of her pen, and caused her to not be able to have puppies anymore (he knocked her up and I had that shot given so she didn't have tainted puppies (dober mixed dogs are not cute animals at all, and no one wants them), but there is a 50/50 chance it will render them sterile afterwards .. which it did *growls* ).

I called one of my friends (after I called the police and the animal control .. who both told me unless it bites a human they won't come out because we have no leash law or shelter for them to take the dog to) and they are going to come and "dispose" of the dog for me. They both told me though, that if it is harassing my property I have every right to shoot it (ie defend my property) because of their lack of response.

I spoke to the owner the last time this happened and he wasn't concerned at all. He said, and I quote" .. "I cant keep this dog locked in a fence he digs out" .. "can't keep him chained up because he breaks the chains" .. "we can't have cats either .. he killed 2 of ours, so we just quit trying" .. "if you s hoot him or take him off, you'd just be doing me a favor, so do what you want". I stood there with mouth agape as he said this to me. Fucking dumbass loser asshole.

I had a 125lb dobie on a chain .. a logging chain .. because he was mean (to other animals, not people) and could dig out. I did what I had to do to keep him on my property. This guy is an asshole.

I told him the last time he dug Smiley out (who subsequently now has to be chained since he taught her how to dig out) that if he got her loose and she got ran over or dissapeared .. I was gonna burn his house down. (dog is like a child, I bottle fed her form day 1)

Guess I should have included my cats in that threat.

Regardless .. the dog is gone as of the end of the week. One way or another. His days are numbered.

Last edited:

Yeah he has claws. He is just one laid back cat (he's also fat and slow), and he's also not "afraid" of dogs .. hasn't ever had to be .. before now.

I know exactly which dog did it .. same one that killed one of my other cats last year. Also the same dog that taught Smiley how to dig out of her pen, and caused her to not be able to have puppies anymore (he knocked her up and I had that shot given so she didn't have tainted puppies (dober mixed dogs are not cute animals at all, and no one wants them), but there is a 50/50 chance it will render them sterile afterwards .. which it did *growls* ).

I called one of my friends (after I called the police and the animal control .. who both told me unless it bites a human they won't come out because we have no leash law or shelter for them to take the dog to) and they are going to come and "dispose" of the dog for me. They both told me though, that if it is harassing my property I have every right to shoot it (ie defend my property) because of their lack of response.

I spoke to the owner the last time this happened and he wasn't concerned at all. He said, and I quote" .. "I cant keep this dog locked in a fence he digs out" .. "can't keep him chained up because he breaks the chains" .. "we can't have cats either .. he killed 2 of ours, so we just quit trying" .. "if you s hoot him or take him off, you'd just be doing me a favor, so do what you want". I stood there with mouth agape as he said this to me. Fucking dumbass loser asshole.

I had a 125lb dobie on a chain .. a logging chain .. because he was mean (to other animals, not people) and could dig out. I did what I had to do to keep him on my property. This guy is an asshole.

I told him the last time he dug Smiley out (who subsequently now has to be chained since he taught her how to dig out) that if he got her loose and she got ran over or dissapeared .. I was gonna burn his house down. (dog is like a child, I bottle fed her form day 1)

Guess I should have included my cats in that threat.

Regardless .. the dog is gone as of the end of the week. One way or another. His days are numbered.

Please please please call the SPCA and get him to a shelter where he can hopefully be adopted out. This guy is a major asshole - I'd like to kick him right in the crotch!

Please please please call the SPCA and get him to a shelter where he can hopefully be adopted out. This guy is a major asshole - I'd like to kick him right in the crotch!

Adopted?

#1 I'd have to drive a long way (at least 50 miles 1 way) to do that .. and honestly .. the dog isn't that important to me at this point, plus it won't let me come near it .. since I've shot it numerous times with a pellet gun trying to keep it away from Smiley and keep it from tearing up my garage door scratching on it. It's killed at least 1 of my cats, 2 others have come up missing and I couldn't find them .. I've got a gut feeling that's what happened to the other 2.

#2. It's a confirmed cat killer/attacker. It's also chased my kid before. If I hadn't come outside and chased it off, who knows what it might have done. He was outside in our yard riding his bike.

I called "animal control" for my county and they basically said there wasn't anything they could do. They don't have a "facility" for housing animals. The cops told me to shoot it, and in a "round about way" so did animal control. Because he said all they'd do is euthanize it even if they could come got it, since it's killed another animal, (which they won't).

So they pretty much leave me no choice, other than disposing of it myself.

Honestly, you should just shoot the dog. The owner isnt going to do anything, and you are going to get bitten one of these days. Our neighbors are the same way, except they said they'll have me arrested if I shoot the things, they wont even neuter them. I had to beat one out of our yard with a piece of pipe because it was menacing us yesterday.

It's obviously not the dog's fault and it's sad but there isnt much you can do.

Adopted?

#1 I'd have to drive a long way (at least 50 miles 1 way) to do that .. and honestly .. the dog isn't that important to me at this point, plus it won't let me come near it .. since I've shot it numerous times with a pellet gun trying to keep it away from Smiley and keep it from tearing up my garage door scratching on it. It's killed at least 1 of my cats, 2 others have come up missing and I couldn't find them .. I've got a gut feeling that's what happened to the other 2.

#2. It's a confirmed cat killer/attacker. It's also chased my kid before. If I hadn't come outside and chased it off, who knows what it might have done. He was outside in our yard riding his bike.

I called "animal control" for my county and they basically said there wasn't anything they could do. They don't have a "facility" for housing animals. The cops told me to shoot it, and in a "round about way" so did animal control. Because he said all they'd do is euthanize it even if they could come got it, since it's killed another animal, (which they won't).

So they pretty much leave me no choice, other than disposing of it myself.

Sometimes what people say and what they actually do are quite different.

Personally, I would poison the dog and then deny that I did it.

Sometimes what people say and what they actually do are quite different.

Personally, I would poison the dog and then deny that I did it.

And what if I accidentally poison someone elses dog instead? I can't just leave poison laying around. I've made several calls about this dog, if someone elses dog comes up dead from poisoning .. I'm the first one they would come looking for.

Plus poison is a slow killer. I'm mad about my cats, but not mad enough to be inhumane.

Call a vet, trap it in your garage, they'll come euthanize it. Or trap it in your garage and shoot it, with a real firearm, in the head.

It won't come close to the house anymore. I've shot it with my pellet gun so many times, it's hard to even get a bead on it now. It knows what the gun sounds liek being pumped up :lol:. (not that this is funny, but it's kinda humerous at his reaction when I step out of the house. He's like "oh shit, here comes that bitch with the thing that hurts my ass .. run!)

Just out of curiosity I just called the closest shelter to my house (50 miles away) .. I can't even turn it in. You have to be the owner of the dog to turn an animal in .. they don't take strays. I'm not willing to lie for the dog either.

I then called the animal control in Birmingham (Jefferson county), she said because I live in Blount county I can't bring it there; because they record your drivers license info .. and if it shows you live in another county .. they won't take the animal.

Dog is just SOL. He did the crime ... he's about to buy the time.

I've grown a hate for you after this comment.

Oh okay - sounds like an emotion waiting for an excuse.

So, lets see... its okay to shoot the dog with a pellet gun and have it suffer for days and get a possible painful infection. And all the while making the dog more psychotic and a danger to people and their pets.

You could kill the dog quickly with the right poison and not endanger another animal.

I was trying to look out for a forum member by suggesting that if something goes wrong with attempting to shoot the dog that people might start changing their story about how it was okay to shoot it. Plus, unless you are a dead shot, how much do you think the dog is going to suffer being shot several times.

After all, a sudden quick poison is less suffering that running around forever with a painful pellet in the dog. Furthermore, it just makes the dog more psychotic and liable to attack other animals. So, in that regard, the pellet just added to everybody's problems.

And once again, sorry you have been grinding your teeth over some of my positions on issues. At least you found an excuse to let it out.

:p

The pellet gun is a bad idea. We've told her this before. Poison is just stupid, and cruel. There is no such thing as 'dog poison' that you can buy and leave laying around. So you have rat poison and antifreeze, both of which are neither fast or painless. If you are going to kill an animal at least have the balls to do it right. This is ethics, not emotions.

The preference is for a vet to put it down, other than that I'm sure she knows someone who could shoot it correctly and humanely.

The pellet gun is a bad idea. We've told her this before. Poison is just stupid, and cruel. There is no such thing as 'dog poison' that you can buy and leave laying around. So you have rat poison and antifreeze, both of which are neither fast or painless. If you are going to kill an animal at least have the balls to do it right. This is ethics, not emotions.

The preference is for a vet to put it down, other than that I'm sure she knows someone who could shoot it correctly and humanely.

Well, rat poison is cruel. But arsenic is quick in the right quantity. I would not leave it lying around. Some small tasty food put right in front of the dog and bingo. Dead dog.

I will agree with you on one point. If you can hire someone to shoot the dog and that person actually goes to the dog owner and gets consent, then okay.

The only thing I have read around here that is inhumane and stupid is constantly shooting the dog with a pellet gun. It doesn't get the job done and it makes the dog even more mean than it was. No doubt part of the dogs current psychotic condition is the result of the pellet gun.