Halp Cast iron dutch rudder recipes

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
Chim and I are going camping in a couple of weeks and I thought it would be cool to cook some meals using just a dutch oven on a fire exclusively.

I was thinking classic chili and perhaps a no-knead bread recipe like this:

http://www.aresrocket.com/bread/

Anything else? Stews?

I have some really good ones. I'll give you names, you tell me if you want full recipes.

Italian Garlic Bread

German Choc Turtle Cake

Homemade peach cobbler

barbecue beef brisket

dutch oven pot roast

coca cola chicken

bbq spare ribs

last weekend I was camping & our horse doc made a double batch of these

69237277.jpg

dug a hole in the ground to fit the oven + about 5 inches deeper, put a couple inches of coals from the fire in it, put the dutch oven on top, then covered the empty oven with coals. 10 mins later he opened the lid, poured the mix in & closed it. (coals still on the top of the lid).

25 mins later = outstanding brownies.

I remember the first time Dan dutch ovened me. I didn't realize what he was doing. I was all calm trapped under the covers until I smelled it. And then I said "oh! It stinks!" and I started to struggle. Dan was laughing so hard he couldn't keep me under there for too long. He still laughs about it. He's so cute.

I remember the first time Dan dutch ovened me. I didn't realize what he was doing. I was all calm trapped under the covers until I smelled it. And then I said "oh! It stinks!" and I started to struggle. Dan was laughing so hard he couldn't keep me under there for too long. He still laughs about it. He's so cute.

I did it to april after bagging her on the first date. I rock.