Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Tampa Casey: We are on to you.

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by Duke, May 19, 2010.

1. All these claims of not being good with tech, yadda yadda yadda

and then we find this.

http://www.mingle360.com/

Fucking MingleSticks. Ya, like you had nothing to do with this.

:D

2. there's some "company" on facebook called club mingle or something. i was like, whoa, i need to get down with that. but it's like a singles thing. maybe I could be the DJ.

i bet I could host a singles thing. speed dating or whatever.

3. and then of course there was my FRIEND who started minglemix.com back in the day that was a dating thing.

4. isn't this just like the iPhone thing where you bump phones or something?

5. Pretty much, ya. Except web enabled.

If they were smart, they would make it into a ring so it passes that shit during a 'hello' fist bump.

6. Yeah that Mingle Stick will never catch on... What a retarded idea..

7. "The internet will never catch on"...

Newsweek, 1995

http://www.newsweek.com/id/106554

1 person gravied this.
  8. he's right. that thing is utter failure

9. I remember posting a blurb about twitter back in late 2006, early 2007 in Genmay, where pretty much everyone said the same thing. 'Twitter is retarded. Twitter will never go anywhere'., blah blah blah. At the time, Twitter was just starting to get a little press, and then blew right the fuck up at the 2007 SXSW.

Agree with them or not, you can't say that Twitter hasn't become an omnipresent component of digital society today.

Point is, assuming things are fail in todays world is a suckers bet so early after introduction.

10. has twitter figured out how to get paid yet?

11. It's yet another thing to carry around, and will only work if someone else has one... Not going to work..

12. Venture Capitalists all hedging their bets that the monitization of twitter will pay off, so far.

It took Facebook about 5 years to start seeing some income, too. And now that pimply ass college kid is a fucking billionaire a few times over.

13. Like USB drives, right?

14. you're missing one big difference. that stupid device will not bring the teenage girls flocking en masse

15. I also see a tech-backlash coming. maybe one day people will go back to business cards and phone cards.

ahhhhh, who am I foolin.

16. [​IMG]

17. They are one reason why I don't think this will take off.. People are already carrying around enough..

18. The police tend to frown on people walking around with their mingle stick hanging out in the open.

19. I just read the title as "Casey: we are on top of you."