carpeting...

S

smileynev

...no, not rugs you muffdiving internet dykes. I'm talking about putting some carpet in my basment. Specifically, what places do you recommend getting it from and what kind?

get something low pile, almost commercial grade. that way it can take wear and tear, will clean up easy in case of moisture and beer spills, and will go easily over concrete.

if your basement is gonna be the kindercare I suggest you just paint the concrete with some epoxy-based sealant,and paint the walls with some good latex interior grade paint.

Fat Burger said:
Just go to a large place and ask for remnants. You can usually get leftover pieces from apartment complexes or something, and get enough to do your basement.

I need someone to install it as well.

Drool-Boy said:
if your basement is gonna be the kindercare I suggest you just paint the concrete with some epoxy-based sealant,and paint the walls with some good latex interior grade paint.

concrete hurts when you crack your head into it though.

Drool-Boy said:

But if he's going to use it as living space, that makes floors very cold for people to be on.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well that sucks :(

Is there a large access port for the furnace like you wanted though?

:D I wish...:(

There is a drain over there, but its behind a wall and behind the furnace.

Drool-Boy said:

I'd reccommend a good lead based paint. Everywhere.