Careers and degree plans

I went to college because my parents were paying for it and they would only pay if I went straight out of high school. I got a degree in graphic design. I hate the design industry and have no desire to work in it. Currently I am pursuing a career in politics. I want to be a lobbyist. I'm applying for jobs and I think I'll be going back to school in the fall.

I've never been motivated for a career the way I am for this. I think I've finally found something in my life that I am passionate about and I get excited every time I think about it. I can't wait to get on with it.

You know that lobbyists are the little clumps of fuzz that get stuck in the asscrack of society when it tucks its shirts in for too long, right?

You know that lobbyists are the little clumps of fuzz that get stuck in the asscrack of society when it tucks its shirts in for too long, right?

Hey, piss off buddy, I'm happy over here doing my little bleeding heart liberal kind of save the world thing, okay? I just want to change things for the better. I'm smart, I'm motivated, and I'm going to be well educated. I hope I can find ways to do some really amazing and good things for everyone. Sure, it's idealistic and unreasonable, but is that a terrible idea?

Hey, piss off buddy, I'm happy over here doing my little bleeding heart liberal kind of save the world thing, okay? I just want to change things for the better. I'm smart, I'm motivated, and I'm going to be well educated. I hope I can find ways to do some really amazing and good things for everyone. Sure, it's idealistic and unreasonable, but is that a terrible idea?

Yes. It's a horrible idea.

:fly:

No idea or thing is amazing for everyone.

Corollary: Convincing yourself one [idea or thing] is [good for everyone] does not disprove the previous statement.

I started college on as a biology major with a self-imposed pre-med track (we didn't have a specific program for it).

My Sophomore year I switched to a psych major with the intentions of being a physician assistant.

My Junior year, spring semester after taking Organic Chem, I decided not to kid myself and started thinking about PhD psych programs because the med thing wasn't going to happen in any form.

I applied to grad school and am going for my plan b, a masters in social work. I'm actually kind of excited. I'm using my aunt as a role model and she took an unconventional route with her masters in social work and she's awfully successful with her own clinical practice.

I still want to work towards a PhD though...

I graduated with a degree in computer science with a minor in psych and minor in math in 4 years, no summer, no overloading.

I started the Monday after graduation working as a software developer/engineer for a control system manufacturer, writing front end "console" software. After 2.5 years, I moved to the test department where I have been since.

I guess you could say I still am in the same general field as my degree.

So she actually says that in speech? And does she pronounce it "kass"? That's how I read it.

It's short for because .. so it's pronouncd kah - ause .. I cant help I was born in the south ok :lol:. I have a thick case of southernese alright JEEEEEZE :lol:.

And yes I say it in speech, unless I am in class giving a speech or something .. and I have to REALLY try hard to not say it then :lol:. Forums are informal .. so I don't worry about it :D.

It's short for because .. so it's pronouncd kah - ause .. I cant help I was born in the south ok :lol:. I have a thick case of southernese alright JEEEEEZE :lol:.

And yes I say it in speech, unless I am in class giving a speech or something .. and I have to REALLY try hard to not say it then :lol:. Forums are informal .. so I don't worry about it :D.

Sarcasmo is just an ass, ignore that piece of shit.

:fly:

lol MEH .. Mikey tried it too. Thing is .. I just don't care :lol: .. CAS if I wanna say it (or type it) I'm gonna *nah nah nah naaaaaah nah*
rasp.gif

Ok, I'll take one for the team here especially since you can take it out on me in a few hours.

It is spelled "because." "'Cause" may be appropriate. A phonetic spelling would be "kawz." "Cas" evokes thoughts of Mama Cass or Cassandra, the young lady cursed by Apollo. Personally, when I see a word unknown to me with little semblance to a familiar English word I revert to how I was taught to pronounce words in Spanish. My Spanish tells me to pronounce "cas" as I would when referring to Mrs. Elliot.

so you're actually saying you would rather me say KAWZ then cas :thrawn:

Cas my words need NAWZ baby .. vrrrrooom *pssss*

ooooook .. no, I dont' think so :lol:

NAS is a semi-talented black man, I purchased his first album. I am not saying I would rather you say anything. I am merely pointing out to the onlookers in this debate that I have correctly identified how to spell CAUSE phonetically.