Careers and degree plans

I went back to skool about 2 years ago and I'z fiddin to gradumate dis summuh widda a dubble in afropology and politickal sciensse

I start my masters in Florida Studies this August. After that a phD in history.

I waited tables and bartended for a long time and then worked was a regional marketing director for an insurance brokerage for 3 years. I DJd professionally for about 7 years until Amy made me quit because the pussy was just too thick for her to make the cut. Now I work for a pest control company doing office shite around my current school load.

How many of you are doing something close to what you went to school for? Do you enjoy it? Have you ever thought about doing something else? Are you currently pursuing something else? Do you ever wake up and stare at the ceiling and laugh at how little motivation you have?

im doing what i went to school for. I do enjoy what i do. I always think of doing something else. Not pursuing something else. Every day im very unmotivated.

I'm thinking of going back to school if the company will pay for it. I've narrowed it down to: finishing my Psych major, starting a writing major, or getting my masters in library science.

Possibly all a waste of money.

I'm going back to school next term for a finance degree and an MBA. I figure it's time to start living the Sarbanes-Oxley lifestyle.

I'm thinking of going back to school if the company will pay for it. I've narrowed it down to: finishing my Psych major, starting a writing major, or getting my masters in library science.

Possibly all a waste of money.

:wtf: You have a degree in english.

I don't do the engineering i went to school for. I have a degree in EE and math and systems engineering but i do nothing but software. maybe i should get a degree in that?!?

That's the thing right there. Now you need a PhD with 17 years of 'x-treme x-perience' to qualify for anything meaningful.

thats the tech industry right there.

Hiring for Job X, need someone with Masters in field, 15 years experience, starting pay $50k a year. :wtf:

I should go back to bet my BS in management or something then become a civil servant.

If i could do it over again, i would have become a biologist or something in the earth sciences realm. But god knows what i would do for a career.

You learn all this crap in grade school, then you're sent off to highschool on a 'college prep' course line. But it doesnt prepare you for anyhting. You learn nothing interesting, but when you go off to college you're suppose to know what kind of career you want and take that path, graduate, find a job and work in that field forever. A great plan for those that know what they want to do with their lives.
A shitty situation for us who never knew what they wanted to be when they grew up and just fell into doing what they know how to do. I like computers, so i went into that field. Its pretty boring at times, even though i do like what i do, when i actually have something to do. Jesus christ im board 90% of the time im here.

Things just seem to stagnate and get repetitive. Im a spontaneous guy that does things as the mood hits me. Its hard to sit here with nothing to do.

Hiring for Job X, need someone with Masters in field, 15 years experience, starting pay $50k a year. :wtf:

I should go back to bet my BS in management or something then become a civil servant.

If i could do it over again, i would have become a biologist or something in the earth sciences realm. But god knows what i would do for a career.

You learn all this crap in grade school, then you're sent off to highschool on a 'college prep' course line. But it doesnt prepare you for anyhting. You learn nothing interesting, but when you go off to college you're suppose to know what kind of career you want and take that path, graduate, find a job and work in that field forever. A great plan for those that know what they want to do with their lives.
A shitty situation for us who never knew what they wanted to be when they grew up and just fell into doing what they know how to do. I like computers, so i went into that field. Its pretty boring at times, even though i do like what i do, when i actually have something to do. Jesus christ im board 90% of the time im here.

Things just seem to stagnate and get repetitive. Im a spontaneous guy that does things as the mood hits me. Its hard to sit here with nothing to do.

it sounds like you need to enter the exciting realm of full contact computing

This is my problem right here.

i got a degree in communications with intentions of doing copy editing when i got out. i ended up teaching. i'm "retired" right now while i do the kid thing, and i'd like to stay that way so i can be the pta mom and room mom, but we'll see.

i would've loved to do advertising, but i realized that too late (pointless to change that late in the game.)

I went to college because my parents were paying for it and they would only pay if I went straight out of high school. I got a degree in graphic design. I hate the design industry and have no desire to work in it. Currently I am pursuing a career in politics. I want to be a lobbyist. I'm applying for jobs and I think I'll be going back to school in the fall.

I've never been motivated for a career the way I am for this. I think I've finally found something in my life that I am passionate about and I get excited every time I think about it. I can't wait to get on with it.