Career Advice

Dharma1521

Soooo do I look as young as I look?
Apr 5, 2006
Falls Church, VA
Marklar
₥2,197
So three years ago I joined my company in an entry level position. Last year that position was transitioned into one that is beyond entry level. My company trained me as opposed to hiring someone new. Now that I have over a year of experience in the new position I have been taking on more and more work. I have now been given a one year project in addition to my current work. This will require OT every week (I’m a salaried worker so this will not produce extra income). I've been receiving the same pay for my current position as I did for the entry level one. I'm not sure if I should push for a higher pay grade or suck it up. And if I suck it up now, how long do I wait to ask for more money? I did a search on salary.com and see that people with my experience are making 10k more than I am now. If you were in my position what would you do?

Suck it up and deal. At least you have a job. I have been getting paid $15k - $30k less than my peers in this industry because there is nothing else available in this shithole. Be thankful you still have something.

I have been told by my managers after I asked about a raise that my raise is I still have a job.

Suck it up and deal. At least you have a job. I have been getting paid $15k - $30k less than my peers in this industry because there is nothing else available in this shithole. Be thankful you still have something.

I have been told by my managers after I asked about a raise that my raise is I still have a job.

Why suck it up? At least try... Geez

I am thankful but I am not on sale. I'm willing to suck it up for a bit if need be.

Why suck it up? At least try... Geez

The people that asked the most for raises were the first to get laid off because it looked to management that they weren't happy in their position anymore if they are looking for money.

Suck it up and deal. At least you have a job. I have been getting paid $15k - $30k less than my peers in this industry because there is nothing else available in this sh*thole. Be thankful you still have something.

MOVE OUT OF CLEVELAND ALREADY

Seriously what's keeping you in the city of Cleveland? You said Tim could easily get a job elsehwere.

MOVE OUT OF CLEVELAND ALREADY

Seriously what's keeping you in the city of Cleveland? You said Tim could easily get a job elsehwere.

Moving as soon as I get a position in Denver now. Should be before October when I get laid off. I am kinda sticking around for severence.