Cardio and how much it sucks

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
I hired a personal trainer and meet with him three times a week for light weight training, etc. On those days I have 15 minutes of Cardio before and after our hour session. On the other two days I have to go I have an entire hour assigned to me for Cardio. I did it last night for the first time and not only did it kick my ass but I was SO bored. If it wasn't for Adam Freeland I would have been home 45 minutes earlier.

Anyone have suggestions on how to pass the time and what exercises are better or make the time go by faster? I have ADD so even splitting it up onto two machines is not enough. The only thing that keeps me going is the picture of the Hooters Girls from Mingle Mixx's gig last year that used to hang on my fridge. Maybe I'll stick one up there of Jenna Jamison next. I think she is Shawn's fav.

You doing this in a gym? In a gym I suggest mp3 player or magazines. I find cardio is always less boring in the real world though. I like biking. Pick a route that is a loop, not an out and back, so there's no way to cut it short and once you start you put in the full time.

I also hate the cardio and the boredom that comes with it.
Have you looked into maybe joining an adult sport league?
What about classes at a gym?

I know my gym has tons of classes and some racquetball leagues. A little more time is invested, but you are not nearly as bored and you do get a good work out.

music?

edit: all the years I lived down there the only times I ever used the pinnellas trail were drug related :(

Last edited:
What is that?

Maybe I could try riding my bike on the Pinellas Trail. Not a bad idea Johny; thx. I have an IPOD which helps i.e. the Adam Freeland reference.
based on FlyNavy's post I'd like to remind you to be safe when you ride.

Bicycling is the least boring cardio I can think of. Way better than walking or jogging, and infinitely better than anything at a gym. However, if you haven't ridden in a while you should start out with very short sessions or get a heavily padded bicycle seat. Your ass will thank you for it later.

What is that?

Maybe I could try riding my bike on the Pinellas Trail. Not a bad idea Johny; thx. I have an IPOD which helps i.e. the Adam Freeland reference.

High Intensity Interval Training.

2 minute jog
1 minute run

lather rinse repeat till you can't go any further.

High Intensity Interval Training.

2 minute jog
1 minute run

lather rinse repeat till you can't go any further.

my treadmill does that in all of the preprogrammed routines/courses...I haven't been on it in quite some time though

Nobody has said jump rope yet? What is wrong with you people.

Jump rope.

Running is still the best time/workout thing around. If it gets boring fill a backpack with sand and run with it.

There are also a ton of suicide variations:

Sprint 200 yards/do 20 pushups/Run 200/ do 20 pushups/repeat
Swim 1 lap/do 20 pushups/repeat
Skate from the red line to the blue line back to the red line then to the centerline then back to the red line then to the far red line. Repeat going the other way.