Car Trouble Contest

ERage said:
Post #16 by Shawn was the first correct answer. Congratulations.

A bad alternator was the one and only correct answer. You get 10,000 marklar, I get a bill for about 300 bucks.

FG almost had it with his alternator belt post but alas, the belt was fine, the alternator itself was the problem. Bad Mojo had the right answer as well but only a few seconds too late.

Thanks for playing everyone.
Goddammit!

And APE YOU CAN BLOW ME! HAHA!

ERage said:

A bad alternator was the one and only correct answer. You get 10,000 marklar, I get a bill for about 300 bucks.

FG almost had it with his alternator belt post but alas, the belt was fine, the alternator itself was the problem. Bad Mojo had the right answer as well but only a few seconds too late.

I should get something for being a girl and knowing it was the alternator!

ERage said:

Woo Hoo!!!!

Yay me!!!!

What's the conversion rate on marklar to US$? I need a beer and we're broke.

April23 said:
That would be a scavenger hunt I would never want to participate in.

Here are the tools for your mission....should you choose to accept it:

Four bottles of Nair
One bag of scrunchies
One can of Deep Woods Off
6 oz ether
One coal miner's helmet with light
Pruning shears
One Troybuilt edger
One teddy bear (for FG to hold on to while he sobs)
One box Kleenex

shawndavid said:

Four bottles of Nair
One bag of scrunchies
6 oz ether
Pruning shears
One Troybuilt edger
One box Kleenex
The only thing I dont get is the ether.

shawndavid said:
That's for her to huff to psych herself up for this quite unenviable task.
Interesting. I can only hope she gets dioxane or something. Huff-huff, dead.

Ah, devil ether. It makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel... total loss of all basic motor skills; blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue. The mind recoils in horror, unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interesting, because you can actually watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it.

You approach the turnstiles and know that when you get there, you have to give the man two dollars or he won't let you inside... but when you get there, everything goes wrong.

Some angry Rotarian shoves you and you think: What's happening here? What's going on? Then you hear yourself mumbling. "Dogs fucked the Pope, no fault of mine. Watch out!... Why money? My name is Brinks; I was born... Born?"

"Get sheep over side... women and children to armored car... orders from Captain Zeep."

Ether is the perfect drug for Las Vegas. In this town they love a drunk. Fresh meat. So they put us through the turnstiles and turned us loose inside.

shawndavid said:

Four bottles of Nair
One bag of scrunchies
6 oz ether
Pruning shears
One Troybuilt edger
One box Kleenex

:lol: check check and check...

Drool-Boy said:
Yeah how exactly does THAT work?

Domestic vehicle designers and higher-ups decided in the '80s that it would be a good thing to make their cars do dumbass shit when one simple thing fails. That way, the people the buy these vehicles will get tired of having an "old" (less that 100k miles) piece of crap that always has some kinda problem and they will go buy another piece of crap.

/conspiracy theory :shady:

Spange Monkee said:
Domestic vehicle designers and higher-ups decided in the '80s that it would be a good thing to make their cars do dumbass shit when one simple thing fails. That way, the people the buy these vehicles will get tired of having an "old" (less that 100k miles) piece of crap that always has some kinda problem and they will go buy another piece of crap.

/conspiracy theory :shady:

That would be along the lines of planned obsolescence, yes?

Spange Monkee said:
wait. a bad alternator fucked with your tranny? buy a honda.

the alternator was not charging the battery thus the battery finally wore down to the point of only putting out 8volts instead of 12 or whatever car batteries do (causing my concern that the battery might have gotten damaged in this process). The timing of the transmission is controlled by the computer which started to come and go as the battery got worse.

Now that the power levels are running as they should the trans works fine.

Last edited: