Car Trouble Contest

Drool-Boy said:
Also you didnt really give us enough info.
How was the engine running when all this went on? Would it re-start after you shut it off? Did you give the thai lady the "three-eyed turtle"?

Engine was running fine, no obvious problems. When I said I lost power I mean, the whole fucking engine cut off. the lights in the cab were still operational while the day burners were not. It would not restart after i pulled over. When cranking a loud fast paced clacking sound was being made...not really turning over just that chatter noise of what I assume was the starter.

No 3 eyed turtle, i went with the classic knuckle sandwich on the run.

bast_imret said:
I think it was your engine finally saying F YOU! after your constant "step on the gas, let off the gas" (you know, that thing you do that JJ always complains about in your car) :D

That is blondie's car. Her's has a sticky throttle and I suck at driving it because I rarely do. Blondie is better at it than me. The truck doesn't do that.

I'm thinking you have a flat tire.

I was really going to say alternator, but since that's been guessed I figured I'd go with something original.

kiwi said:
I'm thinking you have a flat tire.

I was really going to say alternator, but since that's been guessed I figured I'd go with something original.

Pinchazo ftw!!! or not lol, they are definitely bald tires but still inflated :p

April23 said:
You should sell it before it gives you any more problems. That's what Mercedes is known for, especially once it gets out of warranty/.

Well seeing is how its only worth maybe 5 if I spend a grand fixing the exterior/interior and I owe 7500 on it I dont think I have much of an option. Then if you add in my horrible credit I have no option :(

Non-Update: I still haven't heard from the mechanic yet. If he doesn't call by 5 then I expect this will run on until tomorrow...I thought he'd at least diagnose me today so I can authorize him to work on it when he gets to it.

ERage said:
Non-Update: I still haven't heard from the mechanic yet. If he doesn't call by 5 then I expect this will run on until tomorrow...I thought he'd at least diagnose me today so I can authorize him to work on it when he gets to it.

I have learned not to expect much from mechanics and cable guys:(

BeeRad said:
Well seeing is how its only worth maybe 5 if I spend a grand fixing the exterior/interior and I owe 7500 on it I dont think I have much of an option. Then if you add in my horrible credit I have no option :(

:omy: Start saving up, you'll have to pay someone to take her.:fly:

Someone beat me to the punch on the "it's a chevy" answer. Seriously, tranny problems (not Bast) at 71k..? That's weak.

Though, you may have a bad tranny, I don't see how that would effect your power issues. But, you could have a busted motor mount and depending how your engine bounces around, it could have loosened the altenator which in turn loosened the belt. This would cause your battery to drain and not allow you to restart the car. I busted motor mount can also cause hard shifting because the engine moves more and bounces when you shift gears and the RPMs drop. A busted motor mount can destroy a transmission.

I dying torque convertor can cause hard shifts as well.

Still no update from the shop yet. Sorry guys, I thought I'd be able to end this before lunch time today but in the interest of fairness we will wait for the formal diagnosis.

Sarcasmo said:
It's all lies, isn't it. Your car is sitting in the parking lot right now, just fine.

I never lie. wait that was a lie. or was I lying about lying about lying. Either way, i'm joy riding around town in the Blondemobile this week :p

shawndavid said:
Alternator?

I'm not good with cars.

Post #16 by Shawn was the first correct answer. Congratulations.

A bad alternator was the one and only correct answer. You get 10,000 marklar, I get a bill for about 300 bucks.

FG almost had it with his alternator belt post but alas, the belt was fine, the alternator itself was the problem. Bad Mojo had the right answer as well but only a few seconds too late.

Thanks for playing everyone.