Car Trouble Contest

BeeRad said:
I had a similar problem when I blew a head gasket. I guess it leaked oil into my transmission and it was making that whining sound when I excellerated at first but then it seemed like my transmission start slipping. Then it got really bad and I couldnt drive it without hard shifting, then it got worse all within about 20 minutes and I made it to my benz guy. So I am going to have to say Oil in the Transmission FTW

Head Gasket, those are fun to fix. :eek:

When my head gasket was all screwed up he fixt something in the trannie and then replaced all the hoses and told me to sell my car ASAP cause it wouldnt last more than 2 weeks. Its been over a year now, haha

BeeRad said:
When my head gasket was all screwed up he fixt something in the trannie and then replaced all the hoses and told me to sell my car ASAP cause it wouldnt last more than 2 weeks. Its been over a year now, haha

You should sell it before it gives you any more problems. That's what Mercedes is known for, especially once it gets out of warranty/.

I think it was your engine finally saying F YOU! after your constant "step on the gas, let off the gas" (you know, that thing you do that JJ always complains about in your car) :D

April23 said:
Bingo, that's it.

What about the hard shifting?

The transmission is probably controlled by the ecu. After the electrical problems got bad enough to prevent the ecu from telling it when it needed to shift it started using its hydraulic backup. Voila! Rough shifting.

Last edited:
hmm, I had my internal computer crap out on my in my old Chevy Cavalier, and it never game me any rough shifting problems. Just random RPM revving, loss of spedometer (would go to 0 even at 80mph), and random engine shut-offs (which happened while I was merging into traffic and caused me to collide into two other cars. While I was on my way to get the internal computer fixed no less).

bast_imret said:
I think it was your engine finally saying F YOU! after your constant "step on the gas, let off the gas" (you know, that thing you do that JJ always complains about in your car) :D

ooohh, my mom does that and it drives me crazy!!! :mad: