Car Advice

buy a honda or toyota.. anything else isn't worth your time.

not true...hyundai makes excellent cars now and they can be had for less...my hyundai had fewer problems than my ex's '02 accord coupe did as well...both purchased new within a few months of each other

if you do buy a v6 tiburon I'll sell you the headers I bought for mine for $100...I paid about $250 for them and never got around to putting them on the car...they are brand new, stainless steel and should give around 10-15hp

Kelly blue book thinks that car should be listed at 16k, Edmund's thinks it should be listed at 12k. They have it listed at 15k no haggle...I'm sure it is a little high but used Tiburons seem hard to find at the dealers and laying around other car lots in town. I'm going out browsing tomorrow when the dealerships are closed so I won't get all the sharks circling me the whole time.

if you do buy a v6 tiburon I'll sell you the headers I bought for mine for $100...I paid about $250 for them and never got around to putting them on the car...they are brand new, stainless steel and should give around 10-15hp

I have stickers that put on more hp than that.

Kelly blue book thinks that car should be listed at 16k, Edmund's thinks it should be listed at 12k. They have it listed at 15k no haggle...I'm sure it is a little high but used Tiburons seem hard to find at the dealers and laying around other car lots in town. I'm going out browsing tomorrow when the dealerships are closed so I won't get all the sharks circling me the whole time.

that's funny because tiburon is spanish for shark :lol:

Honda Fit, Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla (definitly not the Yaris), or Hyundai elantra. Maybe even the Kia Spectra 5, which is basically a Hyundai in drag.

I wouldn't even look at a Nissan because nothing they have can hold a candle to any other manufacturer.

Just get a Chevy Cobalt, MIRITE WaW ?!??!?!

You're talkin' about one in a million cars. Statistically, Honda & Toyota are the least problem prone cars on the market.

Yep, as WAW said, its largely is not true now. Believe it or not Hyundai has been near the top of the list in terms of trouble free cars for at least the last five years, on par with or better than Honda or Toyota. And frankly, Toyota's quality has been dropping some as of late. They are still solid no doubt but the recalls for nagging little things has gone up considerably in the same five year period. Hopefully they wont let their closeness of becoming the biggest auto maker in the world torpedo their quality image.

As far as the suggestion for the Kia, nope. Not yet. Their quality is going up now that they are Hyundai but its not there yet. Another choice that has a good warranty is Suzuki. If I was in the market I seriously would consider an SX4. its cheap, has all wheel drive and a 7 year transferable warranty.