FYI Canuckistani Day Eh!

Bear claws are usually filled with fruit or cream cheese. I think of a sopapilla when I think of a beaver tail.

There is this polish dish that is fried dough. I always called them doughboys but it's like powdered sugar on flatbread.

I love those things, the Polish/Ukrainian shop I buy those in call them '' NOTHINGS '' but the name for them is Faworki. They just melt in your mouth like '' nothing.''

They are made with flour & butter & rolled very thin, twisted slightly & placed in hot oil & cooked for a minute or two. When they come out of the oil they are sprinkled with powdered sugar. NOTHING like em. :D

faworki.jpg

In Toronto in the West end of the city is a community of Portuguese stores. The bakery's & most markets sell Malasadas, this is fry bread also. They are round in shape about an inch & a half thick & the size of a bread plate. They are deep fried & covered in granulated sugar.

Some places add a small amount of TANG orange powder to the dry sugar or even dry butterscotch pudding to the sugar to give the malasadas a different flavor.

Easter+050.jpg

A friend of mine told me he & his wife had Malasadas when they were in Hawaii.

They said the fry bread is round & larger then a donut & there were so many different things placed inside the fry bread. Chocolate, custard whipped cream & lemon raspberry strawberry jelly & more.

These seem more like a donut to me. A large donut. He said they enjoyed the Hawaiian versions but preferred the plain sugar ones without fillings.

malasadas-300x225.jpg

I love those things, the Polish/Ukrainian shop I buy those in call them '' NOTHINGS '' but the name for them is Faworki. They just melt in your mouth like '' nothing.''

They are made with flour & butter & rolled very thin, twisted slightly & placed in hot oil & cooked for a minute or two. When they come out of the oil they are sprinkled with powdered sugar. NOTHING like em. :D

http://aniapol.files.wordpress.com/...cidentally he died of heart disease/diabetes.

I have pictures from the 4th with Duke, Casey + family, GForce, Fly and me.... I'm just too lazy to post them.