canadian vs american credit

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I caught something at the end of the DriveTime thread about credit in Canada. Here's what I know about it:

- They have the some of the same credit bureaus in Canada, but they're independent. (i.e. your US record isn't related to your Canadian record)
- If you have credit in Canada, it means nothing in the US. I had to start building a credit history from scratch here.
- If your US credit sucks, you can't just get a loan from Canada unless you build a credit history there.

hell yeah. just don't tell them you know me. i think there's probably a canadian student loan officer wondering about me.

I had full intension on moving back up at the end of this month but I got a promotion so I will be sticking it out here. My brother moved back up and 90% of my family lives there so it would not be hard. My best friend is also a "recruiter" so I would have no trouble getting a job. I just hope this promotion pans out so I dont move, I really dont care to but sometimes its just seems like the correct choice.