Canadian Politics 101

April23 said:
I couldn't live that far apart, I like people too much.

PLUS ITS COLD THERE.

it's only cold in the winter time :p It's very warm in summer. We are around 80-85 on average.

crazymike said:
it's not that bad. I kind of like that fact we are spread out. However we measure distance in hours :p

When someone asks you how far it is to the next town, you don't say, 2-3 miles, you usually say 2-3 hours :p

:lol: That's just like Atlanta. Something can be 5 miles away but take an hour to get to.

Pandora said:
:lol: That's just like Atlanta. Something can be 5 miles away but take an hour to get to.

kind of, but these places are 5 hours away doing 60mph on the highway :p

Atlanta sucks for traffic though. I always dread driving home from Florida because of it...

Pandora said:
Yeah it's mindnumbing. It can take me 15 minutes to get home from work, to as much as two hours one time. :tard:

is it possible to walk?

Drool-Boy said:
gah
10 minutes after it rains
Its like a fuckin sauna
Well...sometimes a cold front rolls in with it, but only with torrential rains for the most part.
10-minute downpours tend to produce the worst fucking humidity ever.

NeedMoreEmo said:
I think we have 4parties.
my ex worked for the labour party. i think i still have a stick that says "vote labour" on it.

crazymike said:
It is also handy when you get a real jackass in office. Bush is a good example. Bush would be able to suggest all the laws he wants, but he must convince the other partys to agree with his new policies before they pass. He couldn't simply declare war on Poland, etc...
you have to remember that in the US Bush can't pass/make ANY laws, nor is he able to technically go to war with anyone he wants. We have a congress for passing laws and for approving wars, although the latter can be circumvented in some cases.

Also, people, even those who live in the US, have to remember that president is not omnipotent. We do have checks and balances. Albeit, as in the current case, with a republican congress and executive branch, the checks aren't quite as stringent as they could be. Needless to say, it takes 60 votes in the Senate to get something through and there aren't 60 Republican Senators.