Thread Canada thrEHd!!

In reply to all the above no they're not everywhere so our choices are limited by his industry as his skills aren't transferable to other tech industries. Austin is our number 1 US city on the list for all the reasons mentioned but considering our impetus to leave is due to right wing politics if we moved to the US that would only be temporary until we moved to a kind of society we were truly happy in.

Also you cant seem to remote work in games industry, teams have to collaborate so much face to face nobody works from home ever.
austins a mere 3 hr drive from me , so consider that a plus

I will say one thing you might be used to that you will not find here is good public transit.
This place was never designed with something like that in mind and it's grown so much in such a short time even the best city planner with the best of intentions couldn't hope to keep up.
Same with road development/expansion.

Unless you want to live like a college kid or limit where you can live and work to a major bus route or the one train line you need a car. One to share between the two of you at minimum. One for each if you want real freedom of movement.
I have read that your traffic is horrendous which a real shame. We're getting quite used to cycling a lot rather than driving now, for environmental reasons, so it would be a shame to have to lose that. And yes public transport in the UK is fantastic, my city being the best. We have lots of considerations, ultimately itll be a list of viable cities worldwide that have the games industry, then see which one ticks the most boxes.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Make sure your papers are in order. Is your kid young enough that a few months apart will fuck em up real good? Those foil blankeys look like a paper cut waiting to happen.