Can I interest you in an Influx?

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
If you don't know, this : http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/810features/ is what I'm talking about. I'm sure there are plenty of haters, but if you've had it with Windows, can't afford a machine that can run Vista decently, or just are curious about what else is out there, I encourage you to try it out. You can download the torrent of the OS, burn it to CD, and boot directly from it so you can try it out before you install it. If you have questions, the folks at ubuntuforums.org are super nice and answer any and all questions. I'll also offer assistance if requested.

I know their release schedule requires it, but this is totally a *yawn* release. Additionally, did you see that article the other day on how performance is getting worse and worse on Ubuntu?

I know their release schedule requires it, but this is totally a *yawn* release. Additionally, did you see that article the other day on how performance is getting worse and worse on Ubuntu?

Its much more interesting on the server side than the desktop side for sure, its just a good time to get people on board if they aren't already.

I had not seen such an article. Link? Honestly, I haven't noticed a difference if you keep the settings the same from release to release. Sure, you're going to take a hit if you turn on all the eye candy in Compiz and AWN. All the things I care about (networking, video en/de - coding) all are getting better.

Its much more interesting on the server side than the desktop side for sure, its just a good time to get people on board if they aren't already.

I had not seen such an article. Link? Honestly, I haven't noticed a difference if you keep the settings the same from release to release. Sure, you're going to take a hit if you turn on all the eye candy in Compiz and AWN. All the things I care about (networking, video en/de - coding) all are getting better.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_bench_2008&num=1