Can I fire my travel agent?

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
I booked a cruise in May, the cruise is in December to celebrate both SchmilK's and my 1st anniversary of living together and my 30th birthday. I acquired the travel agent through a very high recommendation from my aunt. We're going with my parents who will be taking this as their belated honeymoon.

Anyway, the last time I heard from Cheryl was May 25, which was the day after we put our $500 deposits on each cabin. We have yet to book airfare, port transfers, shore excursions or a hotel room for the 18th which is my birthday (The cruise ends December 18, we plan on booking a hotel that evening on the beach to celebrate my birthday). Now, I'm getting antsy, I sent her an email July 28, and she responded that she had had knee replacement and would be back in the office after the 4th of July.

I STILL haven't heard from her.

I sent her another email asking about the balance of the cabins, shore excursions, air fare and hotel stay and she hasn't gotten back to me.

Can I fire her and do this all myself somehow? I figure I've got the rooms reserved, I don't want to lose them, so should I go ahead and contact the cruise line and finish the loose ends myself? This is my aunt's friend, but I'm willing to piss on her because this service SUCKS.

$500 is a lot of cash. And I hate lousy service. The way I see it, if you choose to go into the service industry, you need to SERVE people. That's the way it works. And travel agents are there to provide a service. I would simply send her an email explaining that she sucks at her job, and that I will never be using her again.

Bet you get a response to that.

Sarcasmo said:
$500 is a lot of cash. And I hate lousy service. The way I see it, if you choose to go into the service industry, you need to SERVE people. That's the way it works. And travel agents are there to provide a service. I would simply send her an email explaining that she sucks at her job, and that I will never be using her again.

Bet you get a response to that.
Thats what I figure, I felt bad for her having surgery and stuff, but apparently she's the manager of the travel agency, so shouldn't she have put a goon on teh case for me?

I mean... EACH CABIN alone is $2200, plus the airfare, plus the excursions, plus my $1000 budget for hotel on my birthday, she stands to gain a nice little commission off of us, I'm really pissed that I'm being ignored.

The one thing I hate more than anything in life is being ignored :lol:

zengirl said:
Thats what I figure, I felt bad for her having surgery and stuff, but apparently she's the manager of the travel agency, so shouldn't she have put a goon on teh case for me?

I mean... EACH CABIN alone is $2200, plus the airfare, plus the excursions, plus my $1000 budget for hotel on my birthday, she stands to gain a nice little commission off of us, I'm really pissed that I'm being ignored.

The one thing I hate more than anything in life is being ignored :lol:

Oh I'm sorry, what?

ChikkenNoodul said:
A travel what now?

:fly:

Just the other day, I was wondering how they still have jobs.

Yes, you can fire her ass and call them directly.
They can *sometimes* get you deals that you weren't aware of and are good for suggestions, but people rely on that and many times end up paying a premium.

fly said:
They can *sometimes* get you deals that you weren't aware of and are good for suggestions, but people rely on that and many times end up paying a premium.
I don't know how to book the airfare myself for cheap and still get the port transfer from the airport

itburnswhenipee said:
The real question isn't if you can "fire" her, it's whether you can get your five-hundred moneys back.
No, the cruise line has it, not her

itburnswhenipee said:
The real question isn't if you can "fire" her, it's whether you can get your five-hundred moneys back.

If she had it there would be a huge problem. She's just a go between for the cruise lines. A middleman who hands the money off for a comission.

edit: beaten like a thai hooker

ChikkenNoodul said:
The cruise line itself can probably handle some of that
Well, because I am such a nice person and I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, I'm giving this lady until I get back from St. Louis next week to get in touch with me. If she doesn't respond then I'm just going to drop her and contact the cruise line directly to finalize everything.

If I lose this cruise I'm going to be PISSED :mad:

SpangeMonkee said:
fuckabunchatravelagent.
I wanted someone else to do the work for me, I'm very picky so I spell out my expectations and let someone else do the legwork, this chick totally dropped the ball. I planned the last 2 cruises with my mom and began this one on my own but thought I'd have a better "inside" with an agent, so I used my aunt's friend.

Now I know why I don't talk with that part of my family :mad:

zengirl said:
I wanted someone else to do the work for me, I'm very picky so I spell out my expectations and let someone else do the legwork, this chick totally dropped the ball. I planned the last 2 cruises with my mom and began this one on my own but thought I'd have a better "inside" with an agent, so I used my aunt's friend.

Now I know why I don't talk with that part of my family :mad:
"If you want it done right....."