Can anyone explain this to me?

Not entirely true. Our national beverage might have been tea without a little assistance. France is like that buddy you used to get shitfaced with, chase broads, etc. But then you lost contact for a couple years, he came out, got himself a boyfriend, and started looking down on you and refusing to help you out because you're a homophobe... or something along those lines.

Without them, we would have no idea that Savoir Faire was everywhere, we'd lose out on a LOT of jokes, and like them or not, they do a good job with that whole wine thing. They've at least contributed something. What I want to know is why the hell Bulgaria gets a free pass? What the hell have they done for us lately?

Lies. No occupying force in a foreign land has ever been able to maintain control for an extended period of time. The French helped during the revolutionary war, I'll give them that much, but we would've eventually won without them.

Lies. No occupying force in a foreign land has ever been able to maintain control for an extended period of time. The French helped during the revolutionary war, I'll give them that much, but we would've eventually won without them.

I'm with you on that. They just made it a bit easier. The shit they've been doing in recent history, especially with us saving their asses a few times, is just ridiculous. Rat bastards. I think the main reason I didn't see any of them over in the sandbox is because they didn't want to get killed by their own weapons.

Not entirely true. Our national beverage might have been tea without a little assistance.

`blah blah blah`
Our national beverage was tea for about 100 years, and cocoa. Coffee is relatively new on the scene...

...o_O

What are you smoking? Americans were practically British at the time, a fact they were quite proud of. The revolution started as a "return to core English values". Most of the stuff fought for was traditional Anglo-Saxon values. Franklin addressed the British parliment several times before the outbreak of hostilities with the aforementioned rhetoric. Read the Olive Branch Petition, sent to the King AFTER the outbreak of hostilities. If the King at the time wasnt quite so loco we'd still be part of the British commonwealth.

If the French hadnt shown up, Clinton wouldve never abandoned Philadelphia to reinforce NYC. The US essentially didnt have a navy either way, the major turning point for British capitulation was the Battle of Chesepeak bay, cutting off British supply lines and then the Battle of Yorktown. Without that the British could not have won but they couldve totally drawn out a negotiated settlement. Yorktown forced Lord North to resign and political support for the war simply dried up.

...o_O

What are you smoking? Americans were practically British at the time, a fact they were quite proud of. The revolution started as a "return to core English values". Most of the stuff fought for was traditional Anglo-Saxon values. Franklin addressed the British parliment several times before the outbreak of hostilities with the aforementioned rhetoric. Read the Olive Branch Petition, sent to the King AFTER the outbreak of hostilities. If the King at the time wasnt quite so loco we'd still be part of the British commonwealth.

If the French hadnt shown up, Clinton wouldve never abandoned Philadelphia to reinforce NYC. The US essentially didnt have a navy either way, the major turning point for British capitulation was the Battle of Chesepeak bay, cutting off British supply lines and then the Battle of Yorktown. Without that the British could not have won but they couldve totally drawn out a negotiated settlement. Yorktown forced Lord North to resign and political support for the war simply dried up.

Holy shit. Now that's some history. Names, battles, document names, hyphens.... no way in hell you'd get that from me. Wouldn't Americans be British at that time since they came from there, and we didn't have independence yet?

Holy shit. Now that's some history. Names, battles, document names, hyphens.... no way in hell you'd get that from me. Wouldn't Americans be British at that time since they came from there, and we didn't have independence yet?

Only people living in the British Isles are actually called "British". Subjects of the Crown are identified by their actual location.

I spelled Chesepeak wrong but I dont care.

Well then I guess Paul Revere wasn't the smart fucker he pretended to be. He probably should have yelled that the English & Scots are coming. Not the Welsh though. They were probably in the glen playing rugby against some sheep while those 2 French fuckers were lip-synching Little Mermaid songs. When asked to join, the Irish probably just told them to piss off.

Although I guess British works since it was more than one set of subjects to the crown. Suppose he were to say that half of the British were coming. Would there have been such an uproar? Would it depend on which half it was? I mean really, if it were just the English & Welsh, people would have hit the snooze alarm. Irish & the Scots? That equals party time.