Can anyone explain (non-conspiracy) how gas prices have dropped so much?

It's not just how much oil Iran can produce but where they are located. If Iran wanted to they could shut down the entire Persian Gulf with suicide bombers. Plus they have missiles that will reach most of the Middle-East.

and they would promptly be served their ass on a triscuit

Yeah, I freaking hate full service places too. :rant:

It takes them 3 minutes longer at least than it would take me

There was one out in desolate Texas where an old woman would do the pumping for you... my Dad tried to convince me to go, but that just doesn't seem right.

:lol: By who???

and iirc, Iran is #3 in oil reserves...

if they started attacking worldwide oil shipments coming out of the region as he proposed, everyone would be on their back

edit: yes, they are 3rd in reserves but something like 8th in output currently producing only about 5% of the worlds oil

Last edited:
if they started attacking worldwide oil shipments coming out of the region as he proposed, everyone would be on their back

edit: yes, they are 3rd in reserves but something like 8th in output currently producing only about 5% of the worlds oil

Non-OPEC far outproduces OPEC.

While I have great admiration and faith in the U.S. Military (Even the Navy :eek:;)). I am also a realist. It wouldn't take much for Iran to plug up the Strait of Hormuz. With Iran's missiles they could take out most of Saudi Arabia's oil fields.

an act like that would get the world back on our side(for that conflict at least) and polarizing the world against themselves is the last thing Iran needs or wants imho

an act like that would get the world back on our side(for that conflict at least) and polarizing the world against themselves is the last thing Iran needs or wants imho

And the last thing that America wants. We cannot battle anyone else. Additionally, Iranian troops have much better training than the Iraqi "army".

And the last thing that America wants. We cannot battle anyone else. Additionally, Iranian troops have much better training than the Iraqi "army".

There's a vid out there somewhere of two Iranian soldiers riding through a trench system on a 250 motorcycle with rpgs. Funny shit. Their training is very...innovative.

I never said that President Tom of Iran war was either rational or sane. The only thing he cares about is bringing back the 12th Imam and making Islam the world's religion.

It's sad the Pope was such a coward about his comments on Islam. :( What a pussy. Christianity needs to be far more militaristic. That would really make this planet an interesting place to live.

It's sad the Pope was such a coward about his comments on Islam. :( What a pussy. Christianity needs to be far more militaristic. That would really make this planet an interesting place to live.

in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit, FIRE!!!! :fly:

While I don't think that Christianity needs to be more more militaristic. I do think we need to get a back bone. Too many denominations are looking only at the New Testament and ignoring the Old Testament. Songs like "Fortress of Our God", "Onward Christian Soldier" and "Battle Hymn of the Republic" have been taken out of the Hymnals. :(

While I don't think that Christianity needs to be more more militaristic. I do think we need to get a back bone. Too many denominations are looking only at the New Testament and ignoring the Old Testament. Songs like "Fortress of Our God", "Onward Christian Soldier" and "Battle Hymn of the Republic" have been taken out of the Hymnals. :(

I wasn't really being serious, but it angered me that he would say Mohammed was evil and wicked and then stumble over his own feet apologizing for offending Muslims. Who cares? Offend them. They offend everyone daily. Don't be such a pussy. Be vocal about it and say "Look, if they're offended that's their problem. I think their religion sucks. It's archaic and irrelevant and completely stymies all forward progress. Get over it."