Can anyone explain (non-conspiracy) how gas prices have dropped so much?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,080
Steam
mattressfish
Half of Prudo Bay is shut down. OPEC hasn't promised any higher output (not that the countries actually listen to it anyway). We're only half way through the hurricane season.

How in the fuck is this happening?

It has dropped a little because it is not suppose to be this high to begin with. Basically they were still blaming the higher gas prices on the hit they took with katrina and couldnt keep up that lie.

edit: elp beat me to it lol

By the end of the year it looks like we will go back up to about 2.50 per gallon and hold at that amount. In my personal opinion I think they found an excuse to test the waters and pushed it up as high as possible. They then noticed that it was to high for the average joe and are now lowering it down as the calm before the storm. Basically they found out how much they can charge, lower it back down a tad as to act like they are "helping" us and soon we will see the increase to a level that seemed to be acceptable to the american public.

It was horrible for us because it killed our major contract and almost bankrupted our largest supplier. They hope to be back in business in January and if they are not I will be out of a job, sux

By the end of the year it looks like we will go back up to about 2.50 per gallon and hold at that amount. In my personal opinion I think they found an excuse to test the waters and pushed it up as high as possible. They then noticed that it was to high for the average joe and are now lowering it down as the calm before the storm. Basically they found out how much they can charge, lower it back down a tad as to act like they are "helping" us and soon we will see the increase to a level that seemed to be acceptable to the american public.

that doesn't make sense...they already have us by the balls so why lower it? it's election BS++

now how does anything regarding elections have to do with gas prices? i'm not buying that the elections have ANYTHING to do with gas.

if the public sees softening gas prices and can attribute it to republican leadership doing a good job, they will hopefully get more votes or maintain at the worst

Oh wait, conspiracy has been brought up...

PAGING FLYNAVY, FLYNAVY TO THE FLOOR PLEASE!!!

lol, jk

Well to think that politicians really have control over the most fickle market mankind has ever had is amusing at best and at worst dangerously misinformative.

that doesn't make sense...they already have us by the balls so why lower it? it's election BS++

You are right they do have us by the balls but they do have to show reasoning for it otherwise it would just be gouging, plain and simply ripping us off. "Most" people wouldnt stand for this and again this is my opinion but I do feel that they pressed as much as possible just before it would "break". That way by dropping prices they feel that we will be happy and stop yelling as much because of the constant "GAS PRICES DROP" headlines. When if you look at it we are still paying an astronomical amount for the current price but are getting baited into this whole we lowered prices for you BS.

Again this is just my opinion but its pretty educated from dealing with this annoying crap daily.