WTF CAMPING (and outdoors-like stuff)

I’m trying to imagine what a non-Caucasian would look for in a cooler.

Jokes abound

Colt .45?
You joke, but I have friends who will legitimately try to engage me in conversation about how their Yeti coolers are great. One of them even has a Yeti cooler sticker on his car, right under the "thin blue line" flag sticker (that's a whole other conversation, though).

It's just white people branding bullshit.

You joke, but I have friends who will legitimately try to engage me in conversation about how their Yeti coolers are great. One of them even has a Yeti cooler sticker on his car, right under the "thin blue line" flag sticker (that's a whole other conversation, though).

It's just white people branding bullshit.

That is weird. Anyone so fascinated by a cooler that they advertise it on their car needs their head examined.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
That’s too bad. I considered a Yeti insulated cup to replace my current 25 year old thermal mug. Now I’m glad I washed it so I don’t need to replace it.

The cheap Walmart ones really are just as good.
Double wall stainless with vacuum in between. Can handle getting dropped, etc.
Keeps half a pot of coffee hot for half a day.
Put a drink with ice in it, leave it sit on the counter overnight and there's still ice froze in the bottom the next morning.

I don't know what the hell else an expensive one could do that these can't.

In a lot of cases Walmart equivalent products are not made as good. Not true in the case of the Yeti.

Might even be the same thing rebranded. Shape and finish are the same. Lids are interchangeable, etc.

That’s too bad. I considered a Yeti insulated cup to replace my current 25 year old thermal mug. Now I’m glad I washed it so I don’t need to replace it.
It's got some built in flavor ;)
I have a $15-18 stainless Contigo, works just fine, had it for several years. I use it even at home - I hate sharing with the bugs.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Dry ice is nice when available - no sloshy mess to deal with, takes up less room. Just sayin.

I used to work at a place that shipped medical lab sample type stuff all over. Had access to all the styrofoam coolers and matching boxes and heavy duty sealable plastic bags and dry ice I wanted.

When her son bought his first house in Nashville he came home to this big box on his porch with medical labels and biohazard stickers all over it.
It was a cooler full of steaks.

You're welcome, son.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: nukes and Immigrant
I used to work at a place that shipped medical lab sample type stuff all over. Had access to all the styrofoam coolers and matching boxes and heavy duty sealable plastic bags and dry ice I wanted.

When her son bought his first house in Nashville he came home to this big box on his porch with medical labels and biohazard stickers all over it.
It was a cooler full of steaks.

You're welcome, son.
We have a place that makes it nearby - 20 lbs. for $10. Out in the middle of nowhere. In town 10 lbs would cost you $15.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer