WTF CAMPING (and outdoors-like stuff)

I'm not sure any of them wanted to be. There's really no choice. And due to the low oxygen and temperature, they keep pretty well up there.

That mountain is fascinating to me. I bet I've read 5-10 different books on it and seen just about every TV show about it. I actually had a friend who took the trek to Base Camp. Sadly, he said that the place is a shithole, but there have been cleanup initiatives since then.

Oh I didn't mean they wanted to die, just if they did they wanted to be left there. Like that was their biggest milestone/accomplishment or a statement of dying doing what you love.

Given the conditions ya I guess you don't have a choice but to be left there.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
"Although it has a reputation to be 'the Savage Mountain', K2 is not statistically the deadliest8,000-meter peak—Annapurna, the first of the 8000ers to be climbed, is. For every 100 climbers who summited Annapurna, 34 have died. K2, however, draws far more interest, maybe because of its reputation.Jul 26, 2013"

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
So @Mustard Dispenser is right. I really like the idea of an RV or trailer.

I wonder if we would "camp" more if we had one. Apparently our Outback can tow a tiny one...

Outback can handle an old school teardrop or a smaller pop-up type with the canvas sides pretty easy.

That's enough to sleep in, get out of the bugs and rain and have a few conveniences.
Also small enough it's not a huge project to take places and use.

Or limit where you can go. That part is why my folks got a nice van for traveling instead of an actual rv. Trailer your outback can handle be about the living space of a van behind the front seats. Can still go anywhere regular vehicles can.

Outback can handle an old school teardrop or a smaller pop-up type with the canvas sides pretty easy.

That's enough to sleep in, get out of the bugs and rain and have a few conveniences.
Also small enough it's not a huge project to take places and use.

Or limit where you can go. That part is why my folks got a nice van for traveling instead of an actual rv. Trailer your outback can handle be about the living space of a van behind the front seats. Can still go anywhere regular vehicles can.
@fly isn't allowed to own a van, not after the "free candy" incident.

A friend of mine just bought a used pickup truck, diesel, duelie, and a slip-in camper top thingy (whatever they're called). I visited him this past weekend and got to check it out. Surprisingly large amount of room inside, except for the bathroom (toiler and shower) being cramped. Everything else one needs is there. Has 200w solar panels on the roof. He said he's charged the batteries (i.e. plugged it in at home) only once since he bought it two months ago. Did a 5 day camping trip and didn't plug it in at all. Has propane for hot water, heat, stove, and refrigerator. Pretty darn nice setup. It's super top heavy but the truck seemed to handle it okay, according to what my friend said. I've been toying around with getting a cheap popup camper trailer. That'll easily store in my barn, and can be pulled behind my van.