Campfire stories

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,185
I went camping last weekend to a place called Southwold which is where they brew Adnams beer. Hence all the village pubs had very nice ales and we spent all our time for 11am onwards getting rather pissed. After 2 days my friend recommend we go to Clacton (he thought I would like it because 'it's common') but unfotunately rarely made it out of our van to take pictures. We took a tent but due to lack of camping spots we all slept in the transit van (the whole back converts into a bed and it has a stove etc. in).

Our camping spot.

picture.php

picture.php

Doesn't the sea look so appealing?

picture.php

picture.php

A picture dzbeag will appreciate :heart:

picture.php

Third shop in the village:

picture.php

picture.php

Was walking along the seaside and spotted something that reminded me of my favourite person here. I wonder if you can guess who he is?

picture.php

Unfortunately there was no real camping to be done, which had been the plan, but I don't think I would have been in any state to put up even the pop-up tent that I had. However we did use the stove to cook beans and instant mash potatoes ( vomit inducing)

I was about to say "That looks far from camping" but you covered that. :fly:

Looks fun, I would visit that beach (but then I'd happily visit most beaches). Is it actually warm enough to get in the water or do you just wear your jacket and pants and try not to freeze?

My friend who is in the picture literally just got down to his boxers, ran in, screamed like a girl then came out. He said it was quire refreshing. So in answer to your question it's freezing cold, I'm sure that in July-time a lot of the coast is warm enough to swim in. We have a lot of surfers down south and such. :)

Fun fun. I took part in a bonfire saturday night out at the sailing club. we had a bunch of trimmings and whatnot to be burned, plus lots of wood from three dead trees cut down over the winter. it was tricky getting the brush pile lit because of all the rain we've had. I think it took about a gallon and a half of gas before the wood was dry enough to sustain the fire. we didn't even come close to burning all the wood, but we did drink all the beer and smoke all the cigarettes.

I thought you gave up smoking?

And we fully inteded to have a nice campfire, we even drunkenly collected wood from outside someones house but when we got back to the van none of us remember what happened, we just woke up the next day. Probably best we didn't start any fires. :lol:

that looks awesome!! :heart: i'm glad you got a chance to get away.

jonny, you need to bring your ass back to these parts more often.

man. to travel! getting away is sooo nice to look forward to, so hard to leave, but so easy to look forward to again. :)

when's your birthday?

well you have plenty of time to plan for a birthday adventure!! :heart: now plan how i can go with you. i think that would be an awesome time. :heart:

I used to go camping once a month with my cousin March/April through October/November. We did that for years. The very first time we were sitting around a barely lit fire with soggy wood using an air mattress hand pump like a bellows. About 2am we had a nice pile of beer bottles between us and a state trooper snuck up on us. He started asking if we were dooooopers and sniffed the little baggies that once contained onions for hamburgers. He called in our license numbers and then left us alone.

Good times.