Camera question - Lenses

Can I slightly threadjack?

Do the photobugs flooding this thread : what's the best point-and-shoot camera out there that'll fit in a pocket?

Really, you can't go wrong with the best canon/nikon you can find for your money. They really are quite similar that I highly doubt anyone specific model is going to be that much different over the others.

This.

I loved our old canon point and click. We'll forget about the fact that I lost it in Las Vegas, but that could be a testament to how low impact it was on my person.

What is the range of the other lense she has lemon? For indoor pics, the 35mm 2.0 (not 1.8 I was wrong) is 299.99 at BH and would be awesome. For outdoor, it's nice to have a zoom cause there is usually much more back and forth on the action.

I believe she has an 18-55mm currently, which works for us outside, at soccer, etc..

I'll check prices on 35mm. Smaller f the better, right?

I believe she has an 18-55mm currently, which works for us outside, at soccer, etc..

I'll check prices on 35mm. Smaller f the better, right?

Yea.

So, aside from the higher fstop, if you are getting a flash, why doesn't the 18-55 work for what you are describing? A nice addition to that lens would be the 55-200, allowing you to get up close and personal outdoors (not really good for indoors at all).

Yea.

So, aside from the higher fstop, if you are getting a flash, why doesn't the 18-55 work for what you are describing? A nice addition to that lens would be the 55-200, allowing you to get up close and personal outdoors (not really good for indoors at all).

See that's why I'm asking. She most certainly wants the flash. She's asked for it explicitly. So, in essence I may be able to improve her indoor shooting w/ the flash? If that's the case, I'll pull the trigger on the nice flash, SB600 and take up the lenses at a later date if/when she asks.

Thanks for your input and you too Ape.

I lub my internet friends.

See that's why I'm asking. She most certainly wants the flash. She's asked for it explicitly. So, in essence I may be able to improve her indoor shooting w/ the flash? If that's the case, I'll pull the trigger on the nice flash, SB600 and take up the lenses at a later date if/when she asks.

Thanks for your input and you too Ape.

I lub my internet friends.

That's probably what I would do, especially since it's just snapshot type stuff. Just tell her to bounce her flash (point it at the ceiling and let it bounce back down) so it's not so harsh.